Chapter 4

I walk onto stage, feeling confident. This time I was going to sing the song I wrote a couple of months ago.

Lights went off. I grin slightly and start playing my guitar.

Well this song was about my ex. The song sounds all fun and energetic but there is an anger that you can sense if you pay too much attention to it.

"Ooh, I remember the day when you were the comfort,
You took me to the dinner, I thought I was speical. But I guess I was just one of your girls."

I keep playing the guitar a little aggressively. Putting emotions as I play it.

"I listened to you talk about the girl you like,
As if you didn't know my feelings for you.
Brunette, natural with the doe eyes,
I guess I'll never be enough for someone."

I look at the people, some of them were dancing with drinks in their hands, some of them were making out in a corner. I catch Harry furrowing, looking at me like he was trying to read my mind.

I look away as I keep singing.

"Yeah I was the one who was by your side, baby why did you have to leave this paradise. Ooh so tell me who was better between your fucking players ."

I walk around the stage as I play my guitar harshly.

"Well I guess this was the war I survived, oh yeah yeah yeahhh. This is the war I survived, ooohhh."

I run my hair aside. It was really hot in here and I was playing the guitar like crazy. It felt good though.

This feels good.

"I remember the day when you were the traitor. You took me to your game, I thought I was someone special to you."

As the song ended, I grabbed my water bottle and drunk it quickly, starting the play second song.

I just hope I get to do this in bigger venues, bigger stages as well. This is what I like to do and what I want to do for the rest of my life.

When we finished the second song, I thanked the crowd and got off of stage, leaving my guitar and walking towards to guys.

"How was it? Was I good enough?" I ask, I could sense the insecurity in my voice. I just can't help it. I know I'm not bad but I can never tell if I'm good enough.

"You smashed it." Says Niall, finishing his drink. "You remind me of me when I used to play guitar when we were in the band. God I miss those days." He sighs.

As I was about to talk, Harry speaks up and catches me off guard.

"Did you write the song? The first one?" He asks.

Well it depends on the reason why you asked.

"Did you not like it?" I frown, looking at Louis in panic. "Uh, I can do better next time, I can try."

"No, it was good." Harry says, shaking his head. "Lyrics seemed too personal, that's why I asked."

Oh. The lyrics.

"Thank you, uhm it doesn't really matter. Just coming from life experiences." I say nervously. I never really talked about the songs that I have written before.

Sometimes I talk about them to Evie, because she wonders the meaning behind them and when I tell her, she says how much she wants to kill my ex.

Well I'm just an eighteen years old girl after all.

***

It was around 1 am when I got back home, my dad was sleeping. Everything was fine until I realized something.

How can someone forget their guitar?

I remember putting it backstage but apparently I was too exhausted that I forgot to take it back.

I groan and wear my shoes again.

Thankfully the club wasn't too far away from me. If I walk fast enough, I'd be there in about fifteen minutes.

As I walk into the club, expecting to see people having fun, there was no one.

"Hello?" I speak up.

No answer.

I huff and start to walk towards the backstage to take my guitar and go back home.

"Allison?"

I jump at the sound and turn around to face the person who just called me.

What the fuck.

Harry was standing right in front of me, his hair messy and his hands- is that fucking blood?!

"Harry?" I try to hide my shocked face. I look at his face, he had a split on the corner of his lips. "Damn, are you oka-"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asks, raising his voice a little.

"I, uh- I just wanted to get my guitar. I forgot it here."

"Well there is a huge sign on the door that says 'closed' " 

Oh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see it. It was always open around this time so I thought... Why do you have blood on your hands anyway?" I ask suspiciously, not sure if I want to hear the answer.

"It's none of your business." He says, sounding mad. He looks around and runs his hand through his hair, looking overwhelmed.

"I can just go and pretend like nothing happened." I offer.

How the fuck can I pretend like nothing happened anyway? He looks like he just murdered someone.

"Oh as if it is that easy." He scoffs under his breath

I opened my mouth to talk again but something interrupted the conversation.

I widened my eyes at the loud sound.

"Is that a fucking gun shot-" Harry suddenly covers my mouth with his hand and gives me a stern look.

It definitely was a gun shot and I was shaking like some kind of fish.

"Hide behind the couch." He says sternly. "Don't  make a fucking noise, okay?"

I nod quickly, feeling my heart beating faster than anything.

He takes his hand away from my mouth and looks at me, a little concerned.

"Hide, now."

~