Chapter 24

2nd of May

2nd of May

~

1 am.

My first performance of the week is done, and somehow I don't even feel exhausted.

"Dad, I'm home!"

I go to kitchen with a smile on my face. It was pretty late so he was probably asleep. I open the fridge to get some food. I hadn't eaten for hours and I was starving. But what I didn't expect was that there was no food in the fridge.

A fridge full of vodka bottles.

And nothing else.

I close the fridge and walk over to get some fruit from the cupboards. Hoping there would be actually something that I would be able to eat.

packs of cocaine.

I frown and go to my dad's bedroom to wake him up. This wasn't normal.

"Dad, what's going on in the kitch—" I open the door but the bed was made and the room was clean. Almost like it wasn't touched before.

"Dad?"

No answer.

I close the door and go to check living room but the second I step in, I stop moving. I wanted to move, say something but I couldn't.

My dad, standing in the middle of the living room, on a chair with a rope around his neck, looking at me with a blank expression.

I almost choked on my own breath.

"D—dad?" I stutter.

No, no, no, no.

This is not happening.

"Dad!" I scream, tears falling down my cheeks. "What are you doing! Please come here, please!"

He slowly shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't look after you. I love you." A tear falls down from his face as he steps out of the chair, hanging in front of me.

"No!" I scream and turn around to not face him. "No! Stop! Stop! Please...." I keep chanting, not knowing what to do. I didn't want to look behind me.

"Allison."

"No, no, no... Please! I'll be good please!"

"Allison!"

I jump and jolt forward, trying to breathe but it wasn't possible.

"Allison, what's wrong?"

I flinch when I feel a hand gently grabbing my wrist. It was gentle but it pained me.

I finally stop squeezing my eyes and open them to look at the owner of the hand that was holding my wrist.

Harry.