Chapter 19

Were you sent by someone,
Who wanted me dead?

~

We were at a small pizza place that was middle of nowhere. It was nearly two am, so I was pretty surprised that we could find a 24 hours open pizza place.

The place was empty, there was only one worker who had a red cap on.

Harry chose a table for us and handed me the menu.

I uncontrollably kept glancing at him to figure out what was going on in his mind

I uncontrollably kept glancing at him to figure out what was going on in his mind. His brows were furrowed and he was playing with his lips with his thumb and index finger.

After a few minutes the woman from the counter comes to us to take our orders.

"Good evening, have you decided?" She asks, looking at me and Harry.

I look at Harry but he waits for my answer first, "I'll get a pepperoni pizza, please." I smile and she nods.

"I'll get a pizza with chicken and sweetcorn." He says as he closes the menu.

"Alright, any drinks?" She asks with a notebook and a pen in her hand. She looked around my age, she was blonde. I'm surprised she works here alone.

"Two sprites." Harry answers for both of us. The woman just nods and goes to bring us our food.

"Hope you like Sprite." He says without even looking at me.

I nod, "I do, yeah." There was an awkward silence between us. I don't know if it was from what happened earlier but it was kind of uncomfortable.

"You don't seem to be the kind of guy who would like to have sweetcorn on his pizza." I say to make a conversation. He looks at me with a raised brow.

"What makes you think that?" He asks.

I shrug, "I don't know. I expected you to have nothing but cheese on your pizza."

"Boring." He shots me a grin, his dimple popping out.

"I agree." I say with a nod. "Who is Damaris?"

His grin quickly fades away and looks at me with a serious expression. "What?"

"The men back there mentioned someone whose name is Damaris. Do you know him?" I ask again in curiosity.

"You know you question things a lot." He speaks fast. It was the fastest I've ever seen him speak.

"I just want to know tha—"

"You should not." He cuts me off. "You should mind your own business."

I frown, "It is my business considering they just kidnapped me." I show him my split open face. We managed to make it stop bleeding in the car but it was still an open wound.