Chapter 23

Big black wealthy manor

When Harry said we were going somewhere, I actually didn't think it would be a big scary manor. We came here by car, Harry had a car here as well which was surprising to me.

We walked in. The person who opened the door for us didn't even question us as if they were waiting for us to come. The house was probably bigger than my dreams and gloomy.

"Harry—"

"Shh." He shushes me before I even get to speak. He starts going to upstairs while I was trying to follow him.

When we get to the long, empty hallway, he stops and looks at me. "You know what you need to do?" he asks with a serious expression.

I did but now I forgot everything.

"Yes." I lie, making him raise his brows.

"Are you sure?" He asks again as if he reads my mind. "Because if you do something stupid—"

"I won't." I cut him off. He looks at me in hesitation before nodding his head and starts walking towards a room. He knocks the door before getting in.

The room looked more like an office. There was a desk, and a brown leather couch in the middle. Two men in suits were sitting by the desk.

"Well well well," A man who seems no younger than forty catches my attention. There was one more guy who was sitting next to him, he also looked in his forties. Dark brown-white, slightly curly short hair. His face was clean shaved unlike the other man who had just spoken.

The other man stands up and comes to stand right in front of us. He didn't even look at Harry, all his attention was on me. "So you're that girl everyone talks about."

Everyone talks about me?

He had a very strong English accent, even stronger than Harry's.

"I'm Xavier. And your name was..." He grins with a creepy expression, making my blood run cold. I was too stunned to speak so Harry talked for me.

"Allison."

The man whose name is Xavier slowly  turns his head towards Harry, his grin was now washed off of his face. "Did I talk to you?"

I see Harry swallow and look away, making me feel bad for not answering the man's question.

"So, Allison," he looks back at me and puts his hands into his pockets. He was wearing a black suit and I couldn't help but widen my eyes when I saw the gun poking out from his suit pants. "Who are you?"

"I help Harry." I gulp, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Are you now, huh?" He takes a step closer to me and I immediately feel Harry's hand making its way up to my lower back. "But you know... I always want proper and honest answers."