He laughs at you. (Gaz x Reader)

Walking side by side with Gaz, your heart raced. The weight of your confession felt like a million pounds on your shoulders, but you knew you couldn't wait any longer. You'd been best friends for quite some time, and somewhere along the way, his sweet demeanor and the countless hours you spent together made you fall for him. You'd been too afraid to reveal the truth, fearing it would ruin your guy's friendship. When your mind drifted back to the close call Gaz had on your recent mission.

You realized you didn't have the luxury to wait around and confess your feelings, one of you could easily die before then and you couldn't bear the thought of leaving without telling him how you truly felt. You had always hoped that Gaz felt the same way, noticing the way he treated you differently from the others. It wasn't just friendship; you knew it was something more. Amid the lively chatter and clinking of glasses in the rec room, you had gathered the courage to ask Gaz to join you for a walk. You glanced at Gaz, stealing a quick peek at his profile as you cleared your throat, your voice trembling slightly as you began, "Gaz, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

He turned to you, his brown eyes locking with yours, his expression warm and attentive. "Sure, what's on your mind?"

"We've been through so much together," you continued, your voice growing more confident as you spoke. "And I... I just want you to know that you mean a lot to me." Gaz nodded, an understanding look in his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, you decided it was now or never. "I never intended for it to happen, but I have feelings for you...I love you..."

For a moment, there was silence, and Gaz's smile faded. Then, he started to laugh, a disbelieving sound that rang through the air. An unexpected reaction that crushed your heart. Your heart sank, and hurt etched across your face. You blinked back tears that welled up in your eyes, struggling to maintain your composure. He stopped laughing abruptly when he saw the tears threatening to spill from your eyes. Gaz's demeanor shifted. Seeing the pain he had unintentionally caused you, Gaz's laughter faded, and he reached out, calling your name in a tone of concern. But it was too late; you couldn't bear to face him any longer. With tears threatening to spill from your eyes, you turned and walked away, leaving Gaz standing there, his heart heavy with regret for his reaction.

He thought you were joking.

He believed you were playing some sick joke on him, Gaz loved you more than anything but he was never able to bring himself to tell you. He never thought you would feel the same way he did. His heart dropped when he saw the way your eyes filled with tears. His heart was breaking. He hurt the one person he cared about the most. He began to run in the direction you left, as he turned the corner he saw you crying in Soaps arms. His heart sank, he never meant to hurt your feelings.

He saw you walk away with Soap and he decided it would be best to give you time. He knew you wouldn't want to see him right now. It would only make you lash out. He waited until the next day, he found himself on the other side of your door. Taking a deep breath, he knocked, his heart pounding in his chest. He was nervous, and he couldn't blame you if you were still hurt and upset. After a moment, the door creaked open, and there you stood, your eyes meeting his with a mix of emotions.

You slowly open the door and your heart dropped seeing Gaz on the other side. What could he possibly want?

"What do you want?" He heard the anger and hurt in your tone.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were serious when you said you loved me. I thought you were joking."

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I didn't think... I mean, I thought you were playing a prank on me when you said you loved me, so I laughed, I couldn't believe it. I love you more than anything, and I never thought you would feel the same way." You listened, a mixture of emotions swirling inside you.

Gaz continued, "I care about you a lot, and I would never intentionally hurt you. I was just caught off guard, and I reacted the wrong way. You mean so much to me"

Your eyes softened as you listened to him, and you sighed, understanding the depth of his emotions."I wasn't joking, Gaz. I've loved you for a long time, I was just scared if I told you it would ruin our relationship."

As the reality of your words settled in, Gaz felt a rush of happiness and relief. He took a step closer, gently cupping your face with his hands. You were taken aback by his sudden, gentle touch, and your eyes locked onto his. Gaz's lips met yours in a soft, sweet kiss, filled with warmth. As he pulled back, his eyes bore into yours, and he whispered, "I'm so glad you told me. I love you, Y/n, and I don't want to spend another day without you knowing it."

A warm smile spread across your face as you gazed at the man you had secretly loved for so long. "I love you too, Kyle."