prologue.

academic validation.

some say, it's just about loving your studies so much.

others say, as well as the truth say, that it's a drug.

when you love your grades so much, it's all you are worth.

all you are worth.

✦ 

ellise 'el' hopper, was one of the best students at oxford. the university was proud with a student like her, she always got above 95 % in every test she wrote. the teachers were so happy with her she was one of the favourites of every teacher. she was not just so smart, she was too kind. she was also one of the prettiest apparently. luscious short blond-brown hair and brown eyes, and that pure heart. the delicate fusion of beauty and brains. ellise would usually be found talking to her friends max {the school badass} and will {her brother}.

micheal wheeler, like ellise, was one of the best students at oxford. the university loved him, he, just like her, has always gotten above 95 % in every test he wrote. the teachers adored him. he was really funny. his short wavy, raven curls, with his wholesome smile and freckles adorned his skin. mike usually hung out with his friends malcolm, lucas and dustin.

mike and ellise never got along. they'd known eachother for so long, that they knew eachother longer than they knew their own friends. they'd stumbled upon eachother when they were three, at a library kid's section.

there little mike was, stumbling his little legs over to the book stall,

there it was.

the last brown book in the stall.

he urged to take it and as he stretched his arm over-

woosh !

it was gone, taken away by the brunette near him. a girl his age, with brown eyes and light tan skin.

" h-hey ! i wanted that first !" he said.

"what ? no ! but i touched it first !" she bickered back.

" i need it more ! "

" no ! finders keepers ! " she pulled a face at him before leaving.

that was the beginning of this little rivalry.

✦ 

authors note : i'll try updating it frequently ! i really like this concept so decided to experiment with it !! xoxo, grade lover.