seventeen.

black.

black.

black.

black.

black.

blue ?

wait, what ?

mike opened his eyes slightly, feeling dizzy and drowsy.

he opened his eyes fully, the dull room consisted of the pale blue walls that took over the room, the blood bag near him, and the thing that lit his room up,

el.

el gasped when she saw him wake up, mike noticed the light tears trickle down el's cheeks.

" m-mike ? " she called out, before sitting next to him, kissing him softly.

" mike ! i-i thought i would lose you- i-i thought that you would be gone, a-and that you woul- "

mike shushed her lightly, hugging on tight to her fragile body, trying to recall what had occurred.

his mind gushed through his thoughts, trying to catch hold of what had happened.

el noticed his confusion, and sighed a bit, intertwining his fingers with hers.

" you were hurt by your father, with that bottle. it caused some deformation in your bone structure, due to axial loading, thank god it didn't damage your spinal cord, i-if the mean of the lateral impact- if it was a tad bit higher-" she paused. " you-you could've died."

mike realized, flashing back into memory.

he didn't think about his health, he thought about el's.

" a-are you okay ? you seem w-weak ? " he asked, concern flowing over his body.

" i'm fine, i-it's been eight weeks, just a week till the university reopens. i hope you're doing well, mike. " she said, with worry within her.

" are you sure ? " he asked, kissing her gently, missing the feeling of her touch.

" i'm better now, your father, he's now in jail. " she said, smiling against his chin.

" he better rot there. " he said.

" mike !! " a voice called out, it was his twelve year old little sister, holly, smiling brightly.

" mike ! " nancy called out to him, hugging her brother tightly.

" oh, mike, you-your okay ! " his mother, karen said with relief in her tone, smiling at him, hugging him.

mike took a moment, to process the deep hugs but embraced it.

" michael ! " malcolm smiled, as the other followed.

" d-don't call me micheal. " he muttered, flushing red.

" deal with it, mikey-boy. " max said, dustin chuckled.

" nah, mickey mouse ! " will cackled, as lucas choked on his water.

el smiled yet again, kissing his cheek, sending mike to a better and brighter shade of red.

peace, alas.

peace with his favourite people. 

authors note : around 2-3 chapters left ?? i have competitions along with astrophysics camp in march, from march 4th to march 21st, so i cannot update within that time frame. well, love you ! xoxo, grade lover.