fourteen.

it was a quick peck, but also made a quick impact on the both of them.

mike messed up, or at least that's what he thought.

imagine, kissing a rival, who just became your friend, only to lose them again, this will ruin our friendship ! 

mike thought to himself, as he rushed through the woods.

what could he do now, he had no where to go, he had to adjust to her.

thankfully, he reached the cabin before ellise, she was quite shocked by the sudden action, but her heart fluttered secretly.

michael sat down, huffing from running too much.

he sighed heavily, what can he do now ?

ding ding !!

the bell rang, all the students must head there with the photos taken.

he didn't want to go, but he had to, how could he though ?

maybe he could blend with the crowd ?

el quietly walked towards the crowd of students, and mike's camouflage was revealed, max, who was standing next to el chuckled a bit.

" what ? " el asked her red-headed friend.

" mike has a tad bit of lip-gloss on his lips- wait, you have the same lip gloss... " she realized, " did you-no-did you two kiss ? " max asked as her eyes widened at the thought.

" what-no ! " el was a horrible liar and it was obvious.

 " i bet you did, stop lying. "

" well, yeah but.... i-i don't know if we're together or something.. "

" maybe you are and you just don't know it ! " a voice from behind said, it was will, standing next to malcolm, looking at them.

" wait.. do you like him ? " lucas asked curiously.

" i don't know.. that's the problem. "

" maybe you should tell him ! " dustin said, eating an ice cream.

" hey where'd you get ice cream from ?! " max asked.

" the nearest ice cream stall ! "

after they submitted their pictures, max, will, lucas and malcolm headed to ice cream stall whereas el sat on the tree log, immersed in her thoughts.

'maybe you should tell him !'

the words echoed deeply through her mind, her eyes set to mike and el's cabin.

" maybe i should. "

el sighed deeply and headed to the cabin, opening it's door, there lay mike on his side of the room, avoiding eye contact with el.

" mike... " she mumbled to him.

he glanced up for a second.

so pretty,

too pretty.

" oh-uhm..yes ? " he asked awkwardly, closing the book in his hands.

" can we.. talk ? " el asked him, to which he nodded, she sat next to him on the couch.

" uhm.. mike, y-you should answer this honestly.. " she said.

i knew this was coming.

he thought, gulping a bit.

" i- why did you kiss me earlier ? "

shit.

" i-i.. " he thought for a second, this was either the start of a relationship, or the end of a friendship.

el placed her hands on top of mike's, making mike look back up at her.

" i-i like you... no-sorry- i-i love you. i know you don't return the feelings back.. " he said, a part of him wanted to cry, another wanted to stay next to el.

el's jaw dropped a bit, as her eyes widened in shock.

he... loves... her ?

el's eyes began to gaze into his. 

she loves him.

he loves her.

el looked at him for a second more, before pressing his lips towards his.

mike was quite shocked, but his heart fluttered from within.

the kiss was soft, not so deep, but comforting.

mike felt something drown him, in love.

affection.

compassion.

admiration.

something he'd never felt before, he'd felt it, with her.

the kiss lasted a while before the both of them pulled away.

" i-i love you too, mike. " she mumbled, her hands grazing his cheek.

" i- does this mean- " mike said, in a dark shade of crimson, before el cut him off.

" yes,

we're together. "

authors note : only 1-2 chapters left ! this book is pretty short, but i'm glad for all the support you guys have showed me. i love you so much whoever you are <3 xoxo, grade lover.