thirteen.

" lover's lake ? " ellise asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. " that actually exists ? "

" yep, it's not just that movie. it's a real place. " mike said, looking at the direction of north, " it's that way. " 

" you sure ? " el asked, raising her eyebrows as mike looked at her with confusion.

" you don't trust me ? " he asked sarcastically, before el punched his arm.

" i do, you ass, but just checking. "

" mhm... alright then, let's get heading there. "

the two of them walked up the trail, the leaves falling down from the trees slowly.

ellise glanced at him once before her eyes trailed back to all that's in front of her.

" what are you looking at ? " mike asked, as he continued looking at the map.

" uh- the ugliest person alive.. "

" you mean, yourself ? "

ellise groaned, playfully smacking mike on the shoulder.

mike chuckled as the harshly cold wind blew at them, el's hair grazing through the wind before a small drop fell onto her hair, other drops followed it.

" oh goddamnit ! it's raining !! " el exclaimed, running quickly back to the camp.

" wait !! you're going to get wet ! " mike said behind her, as the rain got even heavier.

thud !

the thunder clashed, as el let out a quiet shriek.

" told you. " mike said, before gripping his hand onto hers and leading her to a small shed in the little distance.

" lets stay here till the rain stops pouring, kay ? " mike stated, before ellise nodded.

" oh how i hate thunderstorms ! " ellise complained, before she looked at her hands, fidgeting with them.

" why so ? " he asked.

" i-i don't know, i-it's loud, scary and gloomy. " she said.

" really ? i find it comforting.. "

" how so ? "

my father leaves me alone during these.

" i don't know, just a lot better than sunny weather in my opinion. " mike said.

" trashy opinion then. " ellise chuckled.

the storm had finally stopped pouring down, along with it came a few beams of sunlight, ready to shine brightly again.

" so, let's continue walking there ? "

" mhm.. " el responded, as they headed out of the small cramped shed.

they walked out of the shed, the drained grass below them shining.

they reached the lake, and their jaw dropped in awe.

" wow !! " el exclaimed.

" it's pretty, isn't it ? " mike asked to which el nodded.

" yes indeed. " el said, taking out the camera and taking a few pictures.

" wow, " mike said, walking closer to get a better view of the ethereal lake.

el walked forward and started recording.

" you've been here before ? " she asked as mike nodded.

" yep, when i was a baby. "

" an ugly baby ? "

" well of course i don't remember it well. " he chuckled.

" mhm.. " she mumbled.

" well, why do they call it that, lover's lake ? " el asked.

" well, most lovers come here, to spend time together and maybe sent off some paper boats here. " mike said, as his eyes fixated on hers.

el looked at him back, as their eyes emerged with his, before mike walked before her, and pressed his lips against hers.

it was an instinct,

but it felt wrong to him.

" shit. " he said, running off into the distance as el looked at him leave.

what had  just happened...

authors note : guess who's back ? (me duh) ah our doves are in love (are they ??) help mike is giving gilbert blythe i can't i love gilbert sm <33 anywhos, love ya sm !! xoxo, grade lover.