twelve.

the sun's rays filtered through the dusty cabin window, the internal part of the cabin with two beds and two students.

mike slept peacefully, with a gentle smile curved up his lips.

el slept across the room, hugging her pillow tightly, she however, wasn't sleeping peacefully.

she was having a nightmare,

a nightmare in which someone was brutally attacking the ones she loved.

it was a reoccurring nightmare, but she wasn't able to get it out of her head.

her father, hopper, getting slammed in the face by an axe, her mother joyce crying in the distance, will with a scar across his face, max in a coma, her eyes blinded.

mike getting abused by his father, she wished she could put an end to this horrible nightmare.

she cried into her pillow, her tears staining the bedsheets.

stop..

el ?!

el !

she woke up from her nightmare, her back covered with goosebumps, she felt sweat all around her body, but she also felt a pair of slender hands on her back.

" el ? are you okay ? " mike asked her, as ellise turned her head around.

" i- " she sighed. " no.. just a little nightmare. "

" a little ? " mike asked, " what happened in it ? "

" nah, you wouldn't understand. " ellise said, before mike sat next to her,  glancing at her with concern and comfort in his eyes.

" you know, you could tell me. " he mumbled, before el smiled at him.

" really, mike myers ? " she asked jokingly as mike chuckled and nodded.

" yeah, eli-gator. " he said, before she sighed and opened her mouth.

" well, i've been having the same nightmare for months, basically- " el stuttered, before mike put a reassuring expression on his face.

" well, in thi-this nightmare, all the people i'm close with... they-they get brutally attacked and.. i-i can't keep up with them, it-it feels real... " el stuttered, her eyes filling with tears.

mike intertwined his fingers with hers, before opening his mouth. " it's fine, it's just a nightmare, you're one of the strongest people i know, eh ? just breathe. "

el breathed in, before wiping her tears.

" yeah, you're right. " she said, smiling.

he smiled back, making the both of them blush into fits of crimson.

the both of them walked out the cabin after getting their morning amenities done, then they walked over to the professor, who was talking about something.

" okay students, now, today's activity would be photography !! " he said, as some students groaned while the others happily walked to get their cameras.

" ugh, he thinks that we're still kids. " el mumbled, before taking her camera.

" yeah. "

" so, what should we take pictures of ? " she asked, before mike looked at the map hung on a tree stomp.

lovers lake.

" lover's lake. "

authors note : i'm so lazy to write. this chapter is so horribly written ugh. anyways, y'all know where this is heading ammeright ??? love you guys so much <33 xoxo, grade lover.