chapter thirteen.

a/n: remember to comment and vote!

today was free practice. after a smooth sailing day previously, camila was feeling positive and ready for the weekend.

after getting ready, she made her way to the track, wearing her team shirt and causal bottoms and shoes - lewis of course was dressed stylishly, something he suggested camila do as well, he loved fashion. camila didn't as much, but when she wanted to feel nice, she'd call lewis for advice.

camila entered the track coincidentally the same time as her teammate - the pair greeting each other with a hug as photographers took photos. camila didn't mind this, unlike some drivers, she knew it was their job, everyone had to make a living somehow. and besides, most of the photographers at the track were always polite.

when camila arrived to the garage, cameras following her, she made sure to maintain a poised and calm front, especially when max walked past her. it was unavoidable - max was unavoidable - their garages were next to one another.

ignoring the haunting feeling, camila made her way to greet the team, also doing a bit of media and things for the mercedes social media, which honestly, in some circumstances, was fun.

practice soon began, camila in p1 during fp1, max in p2, followed by pierre in p3. as for fp2, max and camilas positions switched, whilst lewis was in p3 now.

all in all, everything was going smoothly with the car, the team faced with no issues. lewis however, was still navigating his car, after more updates were made to accommodate to him. it was going to take some getting used to. camila however, was confident in the car, easing some of the teams worries.

walking over to toto, camila's smile was radiant, she felt energised, confident and positive for the weekend.

"well done camila, i'm glad the cars working for you" toto smiled as he patted his drivers back supportively.

smiling and nodding, camila responded; "thanks toto, i'm happy with the car, confident this weekend too"

toto nodded in response; "well, cool off, then can you please come see me later for a chat" toto said, camila responding with a quick no worries, going to her driver room to freshen up.

shortly after, camila made her way to speak elsewhere with toto, just the two seated together, in a quite professional manner actually.

opening the door, toto's head glanced up from the laptop he was currently typing on, soon closing it as he smiled at camila.

"hi camila, come sit down" he said.

camila began to wonder what this meeting was about - probably the championship standings.

camila was currently leading, but max was behind her by a mere few points, she could tell throughout the whole season the team was extremely anxious of max taking camilas spot.

mercedes was a team that won, and they had been doing so for the past seven or so years, and redbull was their greatest rivals, loosing to them was something the team couldn't bear to watch - especially toto.

camila sat down, toto beginning to speak again; "i just wanted to talk to you about the championship. we're putting a lot a faith in you camila, more than lewis." he confessed, slightly taking camila by surprise. lewis was the star - camila knew that, he always had been. he was the championship winner, well, so was camila but, lewis had done it first, before she was even a mercedes driver. when camila had first came to the team, she was told by practically everybody that lewis would always be the teams number one priority.

but, she still won the championship anyways. those words didn't matter, her and lewis would always put up an equal fight, although each year the car would be centred around lewis' abilities, camila would benefit from them just as much.