chapter twenty-seven.

abu dhabi. the winner takes it all.

camila had won in saudi arabia — and now, the points between her and max for the championship were so close. if either of them finished ahead of the other this weekend they'd secure the championship.

hugo had flown out to abu dhabi. he needed to make sure his daughter didn't get beat by max.

as camila arrived at the track for qualifying, she was swarmed with reporters and cameras, everyone desperate for a glimpse or an answer to what could happen this weekend.

from what the media knew, loosing the championship would mean that camila wouldn't be able to have a seat at mercedes next year. this race wasn't just deciding the championship — it was deciding camila's future.

yet she was almost certain it was already planned out for her, no matter what the result was after this weekend.

this was almost certainly camila's last time she'd ever race for mercedes. it would be the last time she'd race alongside lewis. after this weekend, she'd never be able to go back to that, she'd never be able to go back home. camila would have live with what where once sweet memories of the team, all those years ago when she'd first joined mercedes.

the passionate, fiery, bright, nineteen year old camila rivera; winning championships and celebrating till her body couldn't no more, partying and dancing and singing and laughing.

now, that girl was dead.

that love that camila had once had for her team — her family, was now gone.

fans called out as camila made her way to the garage; "good luck this weekend camila!" "we're rooting for you!"
"i hope you get to stay at mercedes!"

and although she'd appreciated that some people still had their faith in her, camila couldn't help but have that sinking feeling in her heart, the realities of what would probably happen to her continued to haunt her every move — and camila just prayed it wouldn't follow her to the track.

there was still tensions throughout the team, but everyone knew that for this weekend, they definitely had to be pushed aside. there was no way mercedes wanted to give up another drivers championship just because they were having hardships with camila.

toto approached camila, a professional expression on his face; "good luck camila — drive like the last time you won the championship" he nodded, while camila formed her lips into a line; "thank you" she responded politely.

camila then spoke with james, before soon, she was getting in the car, ready to begin her out-lap.

the air in the garage filled with anticipation knowing this may be camila's last race for the team. well, the team knew it was camila's last race, and she also had her suspicions, but as for everyone else, this final race was only her final race if she lost the championship.

she eased through q1 and q2 effortlessly, much to the teams approval. pole position was the objective today, not only so she was starting ahead, but also to maximise the gap in points between herself and max.

now q3, and camila was rapidly weaving through the circuit, so far, it was looking like pole position — her speed was unmatched.

"this is a stellar lap for camila rivera, she is absolutely flying!" crofty comments, the camera soon switching to an impressed mercedes garage, and a very stressed red-bull one.

hugo kept a firm grip on the table, watching his daughter intently, watching her name above max's, it was satisfying.

meanwhile, jos clenched his teeth, his knuckles going a pale white as he watched his son fail. he needed pole
position, but of course, he wasn't good enough to do so. it was embarrassing for jos, infuriating even, especially when the tv his eyes were glued to flashed the image of an amused hugo, watching his daughter beat his son.