Chapter One - Stranger at a bar.

Blythe

I am sitting in a bar alone when I should be in the air on my way from New York to Scotland. I have been in New York for the last six months for work. Now, I am eager to get home, but my damn flight has been cancelled until tomorrow afternoon. I had no choice but to book into a hotel close by. I didn't want to sleep at the airport, and with me going home, I no longer had my apartment in the city.

I guess I could be stranded in worse places. The hotel is lovely, and the bar is fancy. I am content for now, sitting with my glass of white wine. There weren't many people around, which is a bonus. I am not a fan of crowded places.

I take a sip of my drink, and suddenly, it feels like someone's eyes are on me. I glance around, and my eyes fall on a guy sitting at the other side of the bar, staring at me with a smirk on his lips. A damn fine one at that. He is nesting what looks like a scotch in his hand. His hair is dark brown, and he has some facial hair. I don't mind some facial hair, as long as it isn't too much. He looks older than me. I am twenty-five and he seems to be in his late thirties. He is dressed in a suit, a white shirt underneath with the first few buttons open, showing his chest off.

I don't even know when he came in

I don't even know when he came in. I surely would have noticed him walking by me. I smile sweetly at him. The stranger stands from his stool and walks towards me. He walks tall and confident. I didn't expect him to come over. He takes the stool next to me. It is then I notice his beautiful, piercing blue eyes.

"Hello, beautiful."

When he speaks, his accent is familiar. He is Scottish like me.

"Hello," I say politely with a smile.

He offers his hand to me, "Kade."

"Blythe." I smile and take it.

He has a firm grip, "Nice to meet you, Blythe. Are you from Scotland?"

"Yes, and I assume you are, too, by the accent?"

"I am, just heading home after a trip." He replies.

"Yes, I am heading home too. I have been staying here for the last six months for work. Were you supposed to be on the flight that was cancelled?" I ask curiously.

"I was. I don't even know why it was cancelled. I am supposed to be back in time for my meeting tomorrow. It is important, but that won't happen now." he sighs.

"Mechanical issues, I think they said. Oh, will you get into trouble with your boss?"

"No. I don't have a boss. I am my boss, but the meeting has to do with a new business opportunity. Thankfully, they understood and have rescheduled."

"That is not so bad then," I reply and take a sip of my drink.

"No, but I didn't come over to bore you with business talk." He chuckles.

I run my finger around the rim of my glass, "Why did you come over?"

I am not one to shy away from men I am attracted to.

A sexy little smile rises on his kissable lips, "Because you stole my attention the second you walked into the bar, even if you didn't notice me."

"I did, uh? Why did you take so long to come and say hello?" I ask and cross my legs.

The casual dress I have on rides up my thigh, and Kade's eyes land on my thigh.

"Yes, you are very beautiful. You would catch anyone's attention. I waited because I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting for someone."

I shake my head, "Nope, not waiting for anyone."

I have been single for over a year. I dated casually and had a couple of hook-ups while I was in New York, but nothing serious but the last time I had sex was three months ago.

"Do you have anyone waiting back home for you?" he asks.

"No. I am staying away from relationships for a while. You?"

"Sometimes that is the best thing to do. I am single, too." He smiles.

Now that I know none of us are attached, I decided to step my game up. He is gorgeous and clearly interested in me. I need to get laid and attracted to him, too, so why not use it to my advantage? I am sure he is thinking all the same things I am. I pull my stool closer to him and rest my hand on his knee. He smirks at me when I do.

"Tell me, Kade, what were your intentions when you decided to approach me?" I purr and bite on my lower lip.

Kade swallows hard, and I watch lust dance in his pretty blue eyes. It would seem I have him right where I want him. He doesn't seem as confident. Perhaps he didn't expect me to respond in the way I am.

"To say hello and have a drink with you." He breathes out.

I pull back from him and tap my fingers on the bar, "Hmm, and there was me thinking it was for a more exciting reason."

I am not shy. I have needs, and if I can fulfil them, I will. Life is too short not to go after what you want.

Kade tries to fight back another smirk, "What sort of excitement do you mean?"

I wiggle my brows at him, "What do you think I meant, Kade?"

He shrugs, "I don't know. I only just met you. I have no idea how your mind works."

"True. I propose something. How about we get another drink, find a booth to sit in, and you can learn how my mind works? I promise you won't be disappointed."

I speak each with confidence. He knows exactly what I meant.

"I accept. You find a booth; I will order more drinks." He insists.

"Yes, Sir," I say sweetly, hopping down from my stool.

I walk away from him, giggling to myself. If I play my cards right and I don't get a bad vibe from him, we won't be in this bar long. I have a perfectly good hotel room upstairs. I may as well put it to good use. It will be a one-night stand only, enough to tie me over for a little while.

I feel his eyes burn into my ass. I may be adding a little extra sway to my hips for his sake. I find us a booth, which isn't hard since there is barely a soul in here. I slide in, and my eyes fall on him at the bar. Kade must feel me staring because he turns to face me. I wave and smirk. He chuckles and does the same back.

I make myself comfortable and wait for him to join me. I guess he will be on the same flight as me tomorrow, but something tells me he will be in first class. He seems like he has that kind of money. His suit isn't cheap, and neither is the Rolex I spotted on his wrist.

I could have booked myself into first class because I have the money. He isn't the only one well-off, but I chose not to. I am fine wherever I sit. I will sleep most of the flight anyway. Now, though, isn't the time to be thinking of my flight home. I have more interesting things planned for tonight.