Chapter Eighteen - I need to be clear.

Kade It has been a busy morning, but it is lunchtime, and I am heading to my office to call Beth. I have been putting it off, but if I don't fix it, then I don't have a chance of anything happening between Blythe and me again. I swear I better not have to keep repeating myself to Beth. I have tried to make myself clear before, but it hasn't worked. I don't want to be an asshole, especially considering who her father is, but if I need to, I will be.

I sigh and sit at my desk. I find her number, take a deep breath, and hit the call button. She answers on the second ring.

"Hello, Kade. I was wondering when I would hear from you." She greets.

"Hello, Beth. I am sorry I took time to reach out."

"It is okay. I know you are a busy man." She says.

"Beth, I need to be clear about something. I am going to get right to it. You are great and beautiful, but I am not what you need. I am not looking for anything right now. I don't have time to date. I am sorry if it feels like I have been leading you on." I say softly.

"But you kissed me."

"No, you kissed me. I should have been clearer from the start. I am not interested. I am sure the right guy is out there for you, but it isn't me. I am sorry, Beth, but I won't be meeting you for coffee or meals. I am focusing on work and only work. Do you understand?" I say, a little firmer but making sure not to sound like an asshole at the same time.

"Whatever! Your loss. You will regret not giving me a chance." She snaps and hangs up.

Great! She is pissed at me now. I didn't want that. I wanted to be honest and hoped we would have acted like adults. I guess not. I can only hope she doesn't try to make trouble for me with her father because of my rejection. Yes, she is mad, but that means she got my message this time. Surely, she will back off. She better not go all psycho on me.

I groan in frustration. I rest back in my office chair and run my fingers through my hair. I will have to wait and see how things go from here.

"Kade, are you okay?"

Blythe's voice grabs my attention, and I sit up.

"I spoke with your sister. It didn't go well. I think she got the message, but she sounded mad and told me I would regret it. Should I be worried?"

Blythe closes my office door and strolls over, coming to where I sit and resting against my desk. "I could tell you it would be fine, but I don't know. She may let it drop. She may not. Though, if she got pissed at you, then it means she finally got the message. My sister lashes out when she realises she can't get what she wants." She answers honestly.

"Should I expect trouble from her?"

Her next overtakes me by surprise. She climbs into my lap, straddling me, "I honestly don't know. If she tries to stir up trouble using my father, don't worry; I will set things right. I don't know how she will behave. I am sorry you got dragged into all of this, Kade." She sighs.

I rest my hands on her hips, "It is fine. I can deal with it. It will all be worth it if it means I finally have you any time I want?"

"Oh, is that how you think this work? You can have me any time you want?" she asks with a raised brow.

I smirk, "Yes, because you can't resist me, sweetness."

"I have resisted you more than once, handsome." She laughs, patting my cheek.

I run my hands down to her ass, squeezing, "Only because of your sister. She is out of the picture now, so you have no reasons or excuses to act like you don't want and crave me every time I am close." I rasp, dancing my fingers down the back of her thighs.

She closes her eyes and moans softly. I take the opportunity and reach up, pressing my lips roughly to hers. She whimpers and kisses back without hesitation. I groan and hold her tightly to me, deepening the kiss. Her fingers entangle into my hair, and things quickly become heated between us. My cock throbs and begins to harden.

Blythe grinds against me, adding to the already growing issue. She parts from the kiss first, both breathless from it. Her cheeks are flushed, and her eyes dark.

"I get to have you any time I want, handsome, not the other way around." She says confidently and climbs off my lap.

I grab her wrist and whine, "Where are you going?"

She smirks, "I have work to do. Enjoy your lunch break and your hard-on. I will see you when you get back to join me."

She yanks her arms from my grip, winks and heads for the door. She has a little extra sway to her hips for my benefit. She stops at the door and looks over her shoulder at me, "Have fun thinking about me and all the dirty things you want to do for the rest of the day."

"Blythe! Why are you doing this to me." I huff.

She laughs loudly, "Because I can."

She leaves my office, closing the door behind her. I groan in utter frustration. I am horny as fuck now. Why does she insist on torturing me? Last night was bad enough; now, I need to deal with it for the rest of the day. I shouldn't be surprised by it. I will take it as a good sign. If she didn't reject my kisses and is back teasing me, she wants something to happen.

I need to get myself together and control my excitement before I get back to work. It would be fine if it was only Blythe and me, but there is a team in the conference room working with us today. I would rather them not see it. Blythe, I am sure, is proud of herself for knowing the mess she left me in here after she left. I will get her back for it! And if I can get my way tonight, we will be spending it together.