Chapter Eleven - I need to focus.

Kade

I am heading to the office for my first official meeting with Jason and Blythe. I am still coming to terms with the fact that it turned out to be her. But it doesn't matter because she made it clear nothing else can happen. I won't lie; I was frustrated and annoyed when she rejected me, but it was what we agreed on.

I did something stupid after Blythe and Emily left the other night. I spent too much extra time with Bethany. Nothing happened between us, but I made the mistake of giving her my number. She has been texting me over the last couple of days. I have been replying because I didn't want to be rude, but now, she wants us to meet again. I don't want that. I shouldn't have stayed or even flirted with her. I only did it to try and get to Blythe, but it didn't even work. I need to find a way to let Bethany down gently because I don't want to hurt or embarrass her. I also don't want any drama between Jason and me because of it. I should never have given her my number.

The only person who has been on my mind recently is Blythe, but I need to pull it together and get into professional mode. I will be here all day, working side-by-side with Blythe. It is not going to be easy, but I will manage. I go to the lift to the third floor where our office will be, taking a few deep breaths and focusing before I arrive.

The lift comes to a stop on my floor, and I head to reception.

"Hello, I am here to see Jason and Blythe." I smile.

I don't need second names because anyone here will know who they are.

"Yes, they are expecting you. They are in conference room two, which is down the hall, second door on the right." She smiles.

I thanked her before I went to search for it. It is easy to find. I knock and wait to be called in. I step in and see Blythe and Jason sitting at the table with coffee and breakfast.

"Good morning," I greet.

Blythe looks up at me and smiles, "Good morning, Kade. We got you a coffee and some breakfast."

She looks different today. I think it is the way she has her hair up, a little make-up on, and her dress. She looks very professional, which is something I am not used to.

"Yes, come sit and eat. I am only here for a short time. I have other business to attend to, but Blythe will keep you right." Jason smiles.

I nod and join them at the table. We made general conversation as we had breakfast. There is not much business talk.

"Right, I should leave. You two have a lot to do. Call me if there are any issues or you need anything." Jason says.

We say goodbye to him, and he leaves. I focus my attention on Blythe. She must feel me staring at her because she glances up and meets my eyes.

"How was the rest of your weekend? Did you and my sister have a good time?" she asks.

"It was fine."

I keep my answer simple because I don't want to go into detail.

"Did you take her home?" she questions with a raised brow.

I shake my head, "No, nothing happened, not even a kiss. We swapped numbers but nothing more."

"Do not ever tell her what happened between us. Do you plan on seeing her again?"

Why is she asking so many questions? Is she curious or jealous?

"She wants to, but I don't think I do," I reply honestly.

Blythe shakes her head, "Maybe you should have thought of that before you swapped numbers."

"Trust me, I am regretting it now."