Chapter Sixteen - I didn't plan to stay the entire day

Kade I ended up spending the entire day with Blythe at her place. It wasn't my plan when I came here, but somehow, ten hours have passed. We haven't even been doing anything. We have barely moved from the sofa. We have been watching movies, snacking and talking. It has been nice to relax with her after my stressful morning. Beth has texted a couple of times, but I have left them on unread. I am not ready to deal with her. I can't believe she kissed me! I thought I was clear with her, but obviously not. What the hell else can I do? Make up a secret wife and child? No, that would be going too far.

Blythe slaps my leg, "Do you want some dinner since you don't seem to be planning to leave any time soon?" she chuckles.

"If I am overstaying my welcome, tell me. I won't be offended. I have already stolen most of your day."

She laughs and shakes her head, "I am messing with you. Stay as long as you want. I don't mind you having here. I didn't have any plans. Now, answer my question: do you want some dinner?"

"Oh, okay," I laugh, "Yeah, sure, if you have enough?"

She nods, "I was going to make a chicken and veggie stir fry. Nothing too exciting. I have plenty." She smiles.

"Okay. I will stay as long as you let me help make dinner."

It doesn't take much to make a stir fry, but I want to help in some way.

"You can cut the onions because I hate doing them." She smirks.

"Nice, give your guest the worst job of all." I pout.

"I am feeding you. You should be grateful." She replies, slapping my leg again before jumping to her feet.

She laughs as she heads to the kitchen. I follow her. She takes everything we need and sets it on the counter.

"Black bean or sweet chilli sauce?" she asks.

"Sweet chilli. I don't like black bean sauce." I answer.

She nods, taking that out too. We get to prepping for dinner. It doesn't take long. Blythe takes everything over to sit next to the cooker. I offer to cook it, but she refuses. I will leave her to it. I take a seat and watch her. I get bored easily, though. I sneak up behind her, reaching around and stealing a piece of chicken.

She swats my hand away, "No, don't touch."

I laugh but try again. She grabs my wrist and turns to face me. "Do not make me hurt you," she snickers.

I smirk, "I don't mind a bit of pain."

Blythe shakes her head and playfully rolls her eyes at me, "Oh, I know you do."

I step closer to her, our bodies touching. "I am not the only one. You enjoy it, too."