Chapter Fifteen - I am not the jealous type.

Blythe

It is Sunday morning, and I am glad of a day off. It has been a hectic week for everyone. I don't know how I have managed it, but I have behaved around Kade. It has not been easy, but I did it. If I will be able to continue to behave, that may be a different story. Only time will tell.

Kade is meeting my sister for coffee today. I have no idea how that will go. She won't get the hint if he doesn't get his point across and is firm. I feel sorry for him, to be honest. I wouldn't like to be the one rejecting my sister. She doesn't like it because she is used to getting what she wants, and she wants him. I can only hope she doesn't go all crazy ass bitch on him and starts stalking him or something. She tends to get obsessed with things. With any luck, Kade will not become one of those things. I would be so embarrassed if she started acting that way, and I am sure my father would not be happy.

I push any thoughts of them to the back of my mind and focus on making a smoothie bowl and coffee for breakfast. I slept in this morning. Well, I didn't sleep in, but I try to get up at about nine, even on my days off. However, this morning, I didn't wake until ten-thirty. I must have been more tired than I realised.

I sit down with my breakfast and put on an episode of Criminal Minds, even though I have seen them all, before tucking into my breakfast. I don't have much planned for today. I'm hitting the gym and stopping by for some food shopping. Besides those things, I want to relax before returning to work tomorrow.

I eat every bit of it and take the dishes to the kitchen. I don't have a chance to wash them because the buzzer in my apartment rings through the house. Who is that? I am not expecting anyone today. If my parents, sister or friends were coming to visit, they would have called beforehand to make sure I was free and wanted company.

I sigh and place the dishes in the sink before I rush through to answer it.

"Hello," I greet.

"Hey, it is Kade. Can I come up, please?" he asks.

I thought he had coffee with my sister. Their meeting didn't last long. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

"Yeah, sure," I reply and let him in.

I probably look a mess since I am not long out of bed, but Kade has been me first thing in the morning before when we were in New York. I unlock my front door, opening and wait for him to appear.

"Morning," I smile as he approaches.

"Morning," he sighs and comes into my apartment.

Oh, that sigh did not sound good! I close the door behind us, and he is heading to my living room when I turn around. I follow him through and find him on my sofa, running his fingers through his hair and groaning.

"Do you want some coffee? Then you can tell me what happened." I ask.

He glances up at me with a half-smile, "Please."

I nod and get some coffee from the kitchen. I join him on the sofa and a mug to him.

"What happened?"

"It was going fine. We were just chatting. I told her I was not looking for anything and that I didn't want to complicate things since I worked for her father and with you." He answers.

"Okay, what changed? You seem stressed out."

"I thought I made it clear. She seemed to be fine with it, but when we were saying goodbye, she kissed me." He groans.

She kissed him. Seriously? When those words came out of his mouth, I hate to admit I felt jealous. I shouldn't, I know that, but I can't help it. Thankfully, I am good at hiding things from people.

"Did you kiss her back?" I ask.

I watch his face change, "Yes, but only for a second before I quickly pulled away. I didn't know what else to do."

"You could have pulled away and told her no. Did you at least tell her it shouldn't have happened and you aren't interested?"

He shakes his head, "I didn't get the chance. She rushed off after it. What am I going to do?"

I shrug, "You made the mess. You will need to find a way to fix it."

What does he expect me to do? I told him how to deal with her. He obviously wasn't firm enough with her because my sister wouldn't have kissed him if he were.

"Really, that is all you have for me?" he chuckles.

I nod my head, "Yip."

He rolls his eyes, rests back on my sofa and takes a sip of his coffee. At least he isn't mad at me for refusing to help or has picked up on my pathetic jealousy. I shouldn't even be jealous. I could have him any time I want. My sister can't. God, what is wrong with me? I am acting like my sister usually does. I am not the jealous type.

He groans, "You are a big help."

I pat his leg, "You are a big boy. I am sure you can fix it all by yourself." I tease.

He glares at me and pouts, "You are so mean."

I laugh loudly, "I know, and you love it. Stop acting like you don't. What is your next move with my sister?"

I made sure to be clear that I was talking about my sister in case he thought I was referring to myself.

"Change my name and phone number and run away. Too much?" he chuckles.

"Yes. You are being a drama queen." I laugh and shake my head.

"Can't you talk to her?" he whines.

"No. She doesn't even like me. What makes you think she would listen to me?"

"I don't know, but she doesn't seem to be listening to me." He sighs.

"She will get the hint if you keep telling her the same thing."

"I hope so. I don't want anyone getting hurt or causing any drama."

I can hear the worry in his voice.

I squeeze his knee, "Everything will be fine."

I don't know that, but I should at least try to make him feel better. I will only say something to her if she takes things too far.

"How did I get myself into this mess?"

"Because you are a work of art, and women can't help but want you," I reply.

He chuckles, "Thanks, but I don't think so."

"What? I was not joking. I meant it." I say confidently.

I am not going to deny that he is probably one of the most beautiful men I have ever met in my life.

"Oh, okay. I thought you were messing with me. Thank you. It is not true, but I appreciate the compliment." He smiles.

I smile back, "You are welcome. Now, hush and drink your coffee." I snicker, slapping his leg.

"Yes, ma'am." He laughs and does as I tell him.

I smirk and do the same. I am sure I can help destress him, and no, I don't mean sexually. I can find other ways to make him forget about his morning and my sister.