Prologue

Alisha gasped as she shot up.

She looked around frantically only to realise that she was in her room.

In her bed.

She looked around as if expecting to see something out of place but everything seemed ordinary.

She placed her hand on her chest as if checking to see if she was still alive.

The last thing she had remembered after all was that sound that had caused her so much excruciating pain.

She had never felt anything like it before. And those two siblings... Tobey and Maliyah. That had been there.

Alisha looked around.

Where were they?

How did she get back home?

The last thing she remembered was Tobey leading her away from the fair.

Then everything had just gone black.

Alisha swung her feet off the bed.

She swayed a little but otherwise she felt fine.

She walked towards her door. She should tell Sasha and Bonnie what had happened.

She didn't even know how long she had been gone, they were probably worried.

Alisha stepped out of the room in time to see her father rushing down the hallway.

He turned and looked confused at seeing her.

"Ali... baby girl, I didn't know you where. I didn't even see you come in."

Alisha folded her arms across to her chest.

How was she supposed to be Collin that she didn't know how she had come back in either.

"I went straight to my room. I was tired... I just wanted to take a nap." She spoke pointing to her room.

She was such a bad liar.

But thankfully Rudy didn't seem to be paying much attention.

"Where are you rushing to, dad?"

Rudy was dressed and had his car keys in his hands.

Alisha saw the despair on his face. It made him look way older than he was.

"It's your sister, baby girl. She was involved in an accident."

***

"Sasha!" Bonnie let out a breath of relief when she spotted her sister sitting on a bench. Ali was holding onto her.

Matt was seated on her other side.

"Bonnie." Sasha got up detaching from Elena and squeezed her twin in an embrace.

Bonnie pulled away and examined her.

She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that she looked fine.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay." Sasha assured her. "I got checked out. I just hit my head but I'm fine a Ty and Caroline got the worst of it."

Bonnie frowned. She turned to look at Matt sitting with his arms folded, looking down.

"How is Caroline?"

The blue eyed boy shook his head. "She's not good, Bon."

Sasha sighed and sat beside him, rubbing his back.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked trying to make sense of all of this.

One minute she's driving home, the next she's getting a call saying Sasha had been involved in an accident.