The Last Day Part II

"You're really gonna trust them?" Alisha hissed in irritation as she fished out the candles she had found in Alaric's bathroom.

Damon was going through his cupboard.

"I don't trust anyone who isn't me." He spoke.

He lifted a cologne and held it up to Ali. "Does this look like it could have sage?"

Alisha shook her head at Damon.

She stared at him seriously.

"What is it? What does she want you to remember so badly and why are you willing to jeopardise everything to find out? We need to find Sasha and the others. And we're wasting time here instead listening to these two psychos."

Damon stopped what he was doing and turned to the younger girl. Deep down he knew that this was ridiculous too.

"They can hear you, you know." He spoke.

"I know." Alisha spoke firmly. "Emmeline killed Sabrina, Damon."

Trusting anything Katherine or anyone associated was reckless. But the nagging in Damon's mind wouldn't go away. Emmeline was someone he knew. He didn't know how or from where and that's just it, he couldn't stand not knowing.

"You should be grateful baby witch, we're buying time on you having to follow through with this ridiculous man and face the big bad Klaus." He looked Alisha in the eyes. "Face it you're scared."

If she hadn't been, she wouldn't have run to the bathroom the minute Damon had instructed her to do so.

Ali glared at him.

She was scared. But she also knew they all had to do what they could for the plan. For the sake of keeping everyone safe.

Alisha set down the candles and stepped up to Damon.

"I'm leaving. Come with me or don't, I'm going to save my sister and my friends."

Alisha turned around.

Damon sped and was in front of her. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"We're not going anywhere until I get my answers."

Alisha narrowed her eyes.

The light bulb in the bathroom flickered.

"I'm not the 'weak Bennet', Damon so stop treating me like I am."

Damon scoffed at Alisha. "You're not gonna do anything to me."

Alisha stepped forward challenging him. "I could if I wanted to. Trust me. But I don't want to.  And I know that you might play the evil mastermind. But I know you won't hurt me either. Or stop me from walking out that door." Alisha's features softened. "It's Sasha, Damon."

Damon didn't say anything. Ali tried to walk past him but Damon grabbed her hand.

"I have a plan, baby witch. I always have a plan."

Alisha furrowed her brows staring at him. Not sure whether to trust him.

"Ah there you are." Emmeline spoke when Damon emerged from the bathroom, Alisha in tow.