Chapter 1- Outbursts

I wake up with my alarm blaring telling me to wake up. I sit up lay back on to my bed frame.

My room is plain white. I like to decorate though so my room is actually pretty colorful. I look at my ceiling to see my flower decoration hanging. Its supposed to brighten your mood. It actually works.

I hop out of bed and go to my big window and open the curtains wide. You can see the whole beach from my view. It looks absolutely beautiful when the sun is setting.

I go to my bathroom and take a shower. I get out to brush my teeth and wash my face. I feel bright today.

I go to my closet and look through it. I decide on a black dress with flowers on it. I wear black strapped sandals for shoes and my Alex & Ani bracelet.

"Taylor! Come down stairs!" My mom calls to me from downstairs. I grab my phone and walk out.

I run downstairs as fast as I can. Once I reach the floor I trip over my own feet from going to fast. I am not the most coordinated person.

I grab the railing to help steady myself. I keep walking to the kitchen to see my mom in her scrubs.

"Mom, what are you doing here and not at the hospital?"

My mother is a chardiothurastic surgeon at a nearby hospital. She is barely ever home and you cant always count on her to make plans and actually show up. When she is actually home, when we go in public, all we hear is:

"Dr. Hartman is a life saver!" or "Dr. Hartman, you saved my sisters life!"

Sometimes I am actually glad when my mom isn't home so we don't have to go in public and be bothered every five minutes.

"I just got out of surgery and I came home as fast as I could because I'm am about to have a huge surgery and I need my lucky scrub cap. Can you help me find it?" She asks me looking through the pantry like it will be there.

I walk out to the front door and go to the table right next to the door. I open the first drawer to see her scrub cap there. I take it and walk back to my mom.

"How did you find it so fast?" My mom asks confused.

"You told me to put it somewhere logical so when you are in a rush you can grab it and walk out. I told you that I put it in the first drawer in the table next to the door." I say trying to find myself breakfast.

"I'm glad I have you. I don't know what I would have done without you Taylor." She quickly grabs her pager and walks out the door.

I really don't want to make myself breakfast today. I grab my backpack and my keys. I walk out the door and head to my Jeep Wrangler.

I quickly drive to my local Starbucks and get a grande vanilla bean frappe with a old fashioned glazed donut.

I drive to my school and head out. I look at my clock it's 7:00 am. I have 30 minutes till school starts. I walk to a picnic table and start to eat my breakfast.

"Hey Taylor. Are you coming to the party tonight?" This is my best friend Madison. She has blond straight hair. She is wearing light blue jeans and a oversize black shirt with ankle boots.

"I'm still deciding. I might stay home and read this amazing book I just started." I say finishing my donut.

"You need to learn how to have fun. You are coming tonight. I will be at your house at 7."

I get up and head to class. I have Trigonometry with Mr. Davis. I walk in the door. Only a few people here.

I sit and pull out my book. It's called, 'Flowers for Algernon'. It's about this man who has a really low IQ and they are going to do a surgery on him to try to raise it.