Chapter 14- The Date That's Not a Date

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. My classes droned on until it was finally the end of the day. Once the bell rang I walked outside heading straight for my car.

"Hey Tay." I hear a familiar voice call behind me. I stop in my tracks and cringe at the nickname coming from her mouth.

"Hey Veronica." I say and plaster on a fake smile.

"So how have you been? We haven't spoken in what feels like forever."

"I'm good I guess. Just focusing on school right now." I say looking awkwardly away trying to find a way out of this conversation.

"Really? If hanging around Ryder Carson is considered focusing on school, I should do that more often." Veronica says with a smirk trying to pry. I give a fake laugh out of amusement.

"Ryder and I are just friends." I say and see Veronica tilt her head challenging my statement. "No, seriously. You can have him honestly. He's friends with Zach so I just hang with him too." I lie. I really don't want to be in this conversation.

"That's good to hear. Just wondering if you've finally moved on. Good thing you aren't with Ryder though, he probably would have broken your heart even worse than Atlas." Veronica says with a laugh. My breathing stops at the mention of his name.

"Can we please not talk about him? I'm trying to do this thing where don't focus on the past." I say with a harsh tone.

"You don't want to talk about him? Well he sure wants to talk about you. I saw him just last week. He asked all about you...." Veronica trails on.

"W-what did you say?" My voice sounded a lot weaker now.

"Just that you've moved on. To someone you consider hotter and a way better player on the field."

"Why would you say that Veronica? You know how I feel about him." I say feeling tears start to brew in my eyes.

"I was just trying to help! Jealousy is the way to win him back! And believe me, once I told Atlas all about Ryder, he was livid. Disappointed that you had moved on. He said he thought you loved him."

"I do love him! I always will. You had no right telling him about my personal life! I don't want Atlas back! He's in my past. I love him but I'm not in love with him. There's a difference. Please just don't talk about me again, whether you think you're helping or not."

With that I storm away to my car. People begin to stare at the tears flowing down my cheeks. I basically sprint to my car and turn it on reversing without even looking. I have to get out of here. I drive through the parking lot like a complete maniac.

I speed the entire way to my house. Going through stop signs without caring at all. Veronica brought back up feelings that I have pushed back for so long.

Once I am in my driveway I come to stop that almost gives me whip lash. I stare into the void for a second before exploding with rage. I bang my arms on the wheel so hard. I have to get this anger out some way. I bang until I accidentally honk the horn causing me to come back to reality and realize where I am. I head inside my home without looking down at my now severely red arms.

*************

After my whole anger management segment, I calmed down inside the house. He needs to stop controlling my life. I hate how he makes me feel.

I head to my room and begin to listen to music. I begin to touch up my makeup form the day. I decide to leave my hair down. I take half the top portion of my hair and braid it back to keep the hair out of my face.

I get ready for Ryder to come and pick me up by getting dressed quickly. It's really hot outside today and I'm tired of wearing jeans from school. I change into some shorts from Levi's and pair it with a short sleeve crop top. I put on a pair of black high top converse to finish it all off.