Ruby returns home.

After winning over two spies who have questionable competence, Ruby warned the vampires that they were Violet's servants to protect Victor's mother and father. She assured them that if anything happened to Victor's parents, they wouldn't have a peaceful death. Soon after that, she returned to the basement of Victor's house.

"Natália, is everything ready?" She asked, entering the room.

Natalia, who was standing in front of a door, said, "Yes, everything is ready, Lady Ruby... Oh, you're back," She looked at Luna.

"Yes, I'm back," Luna smiled at Natalia, she looks at the Maid who was next to Natalia, "Oh? So it's you..."

By looking at the woman's characteristics, she can instantly deduce who the woman was.

"Yes, Yes. The hunter who killed the vampires, the great villain of the story." Maria spoke in a sarcastic tone.

Ruby narrows her eyes a little when she hears Maria's words, she looks at the Maid, focusing her attention on Maria's lifeless eyes, and notices something; 'she gave up on resisting, huh?'

"A piece of advice. I suggest you don't say that in front of Sasha," Ruby warned.

"Yes, I know." She nodded, "I gave up fighting, but I don't want to die being tortured," she sighed at the end.

"…" Ruby was speechless. What happened in the time she was gone? She looks at Natalia:

"What happened to her?"

"Well... I had a little talk with her; I wanted to put her to work, after all. She was basically a parasite that lay around in a catatonic state... And I unintentionally said that she or that hunter from the church would die anyway."

"... You didn't lie... It's better to tell the truth than to feed a lie and raise false hopes."

"..." Natalia nodded in agreement.

Luna approached Maria and poked Maria's face with her finger.

"What are you doing?" Maria asked.

"I'm just curious... What are you?" Luna asked.

"Huh?" Maria didn't understand what she meant.

"I'm a leech, right? Why are you asking the obvious?"

"...Hmm, you don't look like a Vampire to me?" She spoke as she looked Maria up and down as if assessing, "You look like a dead human to me."

"Aren't vampires dead?"

"It's not that; you look something like a vampire but defective." Luna said, "At least that's how I feel looking at you."

Maria opens her eyes a little, and soon she remembers Sasha's words saying she was going to be a defective vampire.

"According to the words of my-..." She bit her lip, she didn't want to say the word, but in the end, she had no choice, "Master... I'm a defective vampire."

"Sasha did the ritual without the necessary materials," Ruby's face showed a slight annoyance, "What was that woman thinking?"

"She wasn't thinking about anything, she just wanted revenge," Natalia said.

"..." Ruby agreed with Natalia's reasoning.

'I hope this doesn't get out of hand, or I'll have to kill this woman; the race she has become is a hard curse to be exterminated if left unchecked.' Ruby thought.

Feeling a bad feeling about this, Maria asked Ruby, "What do you mean? What have I become...?"

Luna looked at her master curiously.