Chapter 4: Developing a Crush

Angie's POV

Did he just pull the phone from me? That blondie gives me butterflies each time he comes near me. He's just irresistible. Or maybe it's just me? God, he is just so cute! I can't avoid him. But there's something I realized. Nick seems to be a little weird when he's around me. Does he like me? I have a thousand thoughts in my brain right now. 'Never mind, forget it. You are dreaming if you think he likes you, Angie. You look like a nerd, he's just so hot. You think he'll like you?'  My subconscious questioned me. I felt like crying at that moment. I ran into my room and locked it behind me. I started crying my heart out because I liked him but was unable to tell him.

Nick's POV

I think I heard Angie's room lock. I walked to her room. I hesitated to knock on her door but she eventually opened it. "Oh! Nick! What are you doing here?" she said, looking like she had just cried. "Angie? You don't look good. Care to share?" I asked her with concern. My heart ached to see her like that. "Nothing. I'm fine." She replied. I quickly grabbed her in my tight embrace in an attempt to make her feel better.

Angie's POV

Out of a sudden, I felt his warmth on me. I wanted to cry on his shoulders but I controlled myself. He hugged me so tight that it made me have butterflies in my stomach. He released me. I blushed. That's when I realized he was also red like me. "You okay now?" He asked me. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. He giggled. I punched him in the arm. "Ouch! Angie!" He came after me, chasing at full speed. I ran for my life. Soon, I was cornered by him. "Okay, okay! You won, Nick. You won." I said while catching my breath. Both of us started laughing. "Well, well! You owe me a wish." Nick said. "What do you want?" I asked him back. "Allow me to sleep and share your room." He replied. I was taken aback by that request. Then, I thought of my mom who said that she was going to come to stay with the Backstreet Boys and me. "Okay. But with one condition." I said. "What is that?" He asked me. "My mom will come to stay with us. Only then do you move in. That's also because there will be no room for her. Deal?" I said with a warm smile. "Deal." He replied with a smile and held out his hand. I shook his hand in return. "Well, it's night already. Good night, blondie." I said that with a proud smirk on my face. "Hey! Angie! That was not very nice!" He shouted at me. He came up to me and pinned me towards the wall. I blushed so hard. "Where's my sorry?" He asked me. "Nick, y-you a-are pinning m-me on t-the w-wall." I said that as I was stuttering so badly. His soft hair tickled my cheek. We both blushed so hard that our faces were red as a tomato. Our eyes locked for a while. His blue eyes were intensely watching mine. "Sor-so-sorry." I finally spoke up. "You can, uh, leave now." He said with his red face. As soon as he let me go, I quickly ran into my room without looking at him. "Ahhhhh! Did he just pin me towards the wall? I can't believe it!" I was talking to myself.

Nick's POV

I lay on my bed. I just could not sleep. I kept on thinking about her. The way she blushes, her eyes, her plump lips and her smooth and silky hair. So, I decided to walk to her room. I was standing in front of her door now. I knocked on the door without hesitation. She opened the door. "Sorry for disturbing. May I come in?" I asked her politely. "No, you're not. Sure." She replied. "I just came to ask you if you would like to take a walk with me." I came straight to the point. Oh. Well, I was sleeping. Why didn't you take Brian with you?" She asked me. "Brian? You should have seen him sleeping. He could barely wake up." I told her while I fit into giggles. She giggled too. "Okay then. I'll go with you. Exactly, where do you wanna go?" She asked me out of curiosity. "A place I'll usually go each time whenever I wanna be alone. I just wanted to show it to you. No one knows that place. Also, you are free to be there any time, okay?" I said while adoring that place in my mind. " Wow! You talk about that place with full compassion! Thanks for sharing it with me. Well, let's go." She replied to me with a yawn.