Chapter 12: Birthday Surprises

Angie's POV

I hugged him. I admit that my feelings are growing alongside me. I have loved him till now. "Thank you, Nick. It's the best birthday ever. I've always celebrated my birthday with my mom....and brother. I miss my mom." I said as I released Nick from my embrace. He looked at me with a cheeky smile. "At exactly 8 pm, wait at the door. There's another gift waiting for you." He told me. I was confused by his words. Well, I trusted his words and waited outside at exactly 8 pm. A car was parked outside. My eyes lit up with joy. It was my mom! "Happy birthday sweetie!" My mom wished me as I ran to hug her. "Thanks, mom. How did you come here?" I asked her. "A boy named Nick called me last night. He claimed to be your friend. He said that he wanted me to be there to surprise you as it's your birthday. He sent me the location too." Mom replied to me. "Uhmm, ma'am? I'm Nick. I'm very glad you made it here." He came out and greeted my mom. "No need to call me ma'am, Nick." My mom told him. "May I call you, Mom? I miss my mom." He said as he looked down. "Sure. You seem like a nice boy." Mom said as she patted his shoulder. He smiled warmly at her. I smiled at him for making my day better. Mom settled down in Nick's room. Nick shifted his stuff to my room according to the deal last year. He has a memory of an elephant when it comes to this kind of deal.

Nick's POV

It's 11.30 now. Kevy brought Kristin to the house. Brian and McClay were sitting on the couch while Gie and I were in the dining room, sitting with no clue of what to do. "Guys, I want to dance with Kris. Anyone wanna join?" Kevin asked. I wanted to dance with Angie. Brian brought McClay to dance. "Gie, I thought if we could-" I was cut off by her. "Dance? I'd love to." She replied. "Do you even know how to dance?" I asked her. "Why not? Are you underestimating me?" She asked me as she raised her eyebrow. "Nope. Not at all." I said, with my hands up. She nudged my arm and started laughing. I laughed along too. "Ummm, Nick? Where do I put my arms?" She asked me. "On my shoulders. Like this." I guided her hands to my shoulders. I gently held onto her hips. She blushed all of a sudden. 'Our faces are close. Should I kiss her plump, moist and soft red lips? God, you are testing me.' I thought to myself. Music started playing softly. The both of us swayed left and right slowly. Both of us looked into each other's eyes. We started breathing heavily. Our lips were inches apart. "Nick, we are quite close to each other..." She whispered. "Are you comfortable like this?" I whispered back. "I am. Don't worry." She replied. My grip on her waist tightened. Her grip on my neck tightened a little.

Howie's POV

'Why did Nick bring Angie to dance? What does he want from my sister? Her virginity? Or her heart? Does he like her? Or does he just want to play with her?' I clenched the glass harder as my eyes watched the both of them. "What's happening, Howard? You promised me your sister, yet Nick's still with her. Keep your promise, Howard." Alexander told me. "Yes, I know. You don't forget your promise, Alex. To keep her safe." I replied to him. A long time ago, I promised Alexander my sister. It's because I don't trust Nick. What if Nick cheats on my sister? Won't she be heartbroken? But the main confusion here is, does my sister like him? I never bothered to ask her that.

Angie's POV

Nick is a really good dancer. I love the feeling of being close to him. Wait, where's mom? My eyes searched for her. "Gie, who are you looking for?" His voice startled me. "Oh! Sorry, my mom." I replied. "She's resting. She told me that she was really tired as she drove a long way to reach here." He replied. I looked into blue eyes that were analyzing me. "Are you eyeing me, Nickolas?" I asked him. "Me? Yeah. You're beautiful, so I couldn't take my eyes off you. I'm sorry." He replied to me as his cheeks and mine turned slightly red. "Really? T-thanks. There's n-n-no need to be s-sorry." I started to stutter a little, no, pretty much.