Chapter 14: My Mom's EX

Angie's POV

I found myself in Nick's arms the next morning. I tried to release myself from his grip but failed. 'This kid's got a tight grip. I don't wanna wake him up.' I tried to free myself from him but was in vain. "Gie? Good morning. Why are you-" He woke up and greeted me. Then, he realized that his hands were on my waist. He instantly removed his hands. "I am truly sorry. I shouldn't have held you. This is why I told you that I don't want to sleep with you. I love holding something when I sleep." Nick said. "It's okay, good morning to you too." I replied to his greeting. "You smell something? Cause' I smell something delicious." He said as he closed his eyes and walked towards to door. I followed him. "I do. Something sweet." I replied. He looked at me and started laughing. "What?" I asked. "Nothing. Something tickled me inside." He said with a giggle. I playfully slapped his shoulders with an angry face but he did not stop laughing. I got really mad and went out of the room. "Gie! Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He followed me behind. I kept on walking downstairs without turning behind. "Sweetie! Good morning. Slept well?" Mom asked. "Yeah. I did." I replied Mom. "Mom! Angie doesn't wanna talk to me!" Nick complained to my mom. "Okay. Fine. Stop being a kid, Nicky." I told him. He smiled at me. "So Nick? Do you like pancakes?" Mom asked him. "He eats everything. Trust me, Mom." I said as I giggled. He started tickling me. How I laugh! "Nick! Stop! Hahahahaha! Stop!" I laughed loudly. He finally stopped. I beat him up playfully. "Hey! Gie!" He protested with me.

Jane's (Mom) POV

The way Nick and Angie laugh with each other is so good to watch. I know Angie has been broken before, but nothing stays the same. I'm afraid that Angie already shut her heart, keeping everyone out. I hope that Nick can win her heart.

Nick's POV

Angie's phone rang all of a sudden. She picked it up and went to the corner. After a few minutes, I heard sobs and footsteps running upstairs. "Excuse me. I'm going upstairs for a while." I said with full manners. Alex, Kevy, Bri and Howard looked at me surprisingly. They know I'll never leave the dining table just like that. I went up to her room to find Angie sitting on the bed. "Gie? What's wrong?" I asked her out of concern. "Oh, Nick. Nothing's wrong." I knew she was lying. "Okay. I'll leave." I told as I headed for the door. "Nick?" She called my name as she burst into tears. My heart tightened each time she cried. I immediately went to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged me in return. "Nick, I don't know what to do. My father called me today. I-" I cut her off. "Isn't that a good thing? When your parents call you up to ask how are you?" I said. "You don't get it. He's no longer my father." She said with a sob. Then, she told me that her mother was no longer with her father. They divorced each other. I felt sorry for her. She grew up in a broken family. She buried her face in my neck as her grip slowly tightened. "Nick, I don't want you to go. Could you stay here with me?" She asked with full pleadings. I couldn't deny it. I stayed there with her, keeping her company. I gently caressed her back. Soon, her sobs slowly recede.

Angie's POV

He managed to make me pull myself together. I hugged him tighter. "Aren't you my strong Angie?" He said as he smiled. I nodded. "Thank you very much, Nick. Also, don't tell Mom. She will be upset if she knows. Promise me." I demanded a promise from him. "I promise," He replied. He playfully pushed me onto the bed. We both laughed. Things got a little serious when I realized that he pinned me on the bed. He intensely looked into my eyes. I shyly lowered my eyes. "You have a beautiful pair of gray eyes. You always say that you're not pretty, but you look damn beautiful from my point of view. I'm not lying, if you weren't my friend, I would have fallen in love with you." He told me as his gaze fell on me. I blushed. A few minutes later, he lost his grip on the bed and fell onto me. Thank goodness he didn't kiss me. I thought of that because our faces were so close to each other. "Sorry. I lost my grip. God...." He started blushing a little. He got off me and helped me off the bed too. He walked out of the room with a flustered face.