Chapter 8: A Day Has Passed

Angie's POV

"We're here." Said Brian as he parked his car in the garage. Me and Nick looked at each other, surprised at his driving skills. It was traumatizing for both of us. We took a step out of the car and went into the house. "Angie! You're back! How's school?" Howard pulled me along with him as he started to chatter. Nick giggled when I turned behind with the 'oh shit' look on my face. As soon as I reached the room, my brother told me to shower well and rest as it was the first day of school. "So, how did it go?" Nick imitated my brother. "Oh, shut up, Nick." I said that as I lay down on my bed. "Wanna join in?" I asked him. A smile played on his lips. He jumped onto the bed. It creaked. "Nickolas!" I exclaimed. "Oopsies, sorry." He smiled fakely. I playfully slapped his shoulders. "Hey!" He protested and started laughing. I laughed along too. We both stared at the ceiling. "Do you have a nickname?" He asked without turning his gaze on me. "Yes, my friends call me Gie." I said, turning my gaze towards his cute face. He turned around too. "Gie? Can I call you that from now onwards?" He asked, looking into my eyes playfully. "S-sure." I stuttered a little. A lock of my hair fell on my face. He tucked it behind my ears. I blushed. "You have beautiful dark brown hair, Gie. I love it." He complimented me as my face turned red as fuck. "T-t-thanks, Nicky." I replied. "Goodnight. Sweet dreams, Gie." He said as he got off the bed and walked towards the door. "Goodnight, Nicky. Same to you too." I replied. He closed the door gently. I heard his footsteps receding.

Nick's POV

I can't. Not anymore. Each time Angie was near me, I could barely control my feelings. "Why do I have to feel like this?!" I punched the wall in anger until my knuckles started to bleed. The door opened to reveal Angie there. "Nicky?" I turned towards her. "Oh my god, Nick! You're bleeding!" She looked worried. She took my hand and examined it. "Why are you doing this to yourself?!" She started to cry. She pulled me along with her and made me sit on the bed. She bandaged my hand as she sobbed softly. I hugged her tight and buried my face in her neck as tears fell off my cheek. "I-I'm sorry, Angie. I will never do this again if it hurts you." I started crying my heart out. "Why did you punch the wall?" She asked as she caressed my head gently. "I-i l-lov" I was cut off by my subconscious. 'Do you want to tell her now? Will she accept you? Think of the consequences, Nick. You will be even more hurt than you are now if she doesn't want you.' I pulled away from her, wiping away my tears. "Are you okay, Nicky?" She asked with concern for me. "Yeah, thanks Gie." I replied. Before she went out of the room, I held her wrist tight. She turned towards me. "Don't go, Gie. I need you." I said in a rather low tone of voice. She sat back on the bed. "Do you mind if I sleep on your lap?" I asked. "No, not at all." She replied.

Angie's POV

A few minutes after our conversation, he slept soundly. I smiled at him. He looks like a child sleeping on his mother's lap. I lay my head down to his lips, gently touching it. His lips were so soft. 'Angie, now you're hiding your love but there shall be one day that you would have to confess your love to him. Do you know why? Because it matters.' My subconscious told me. I sighed. I felt Nick's arms around my waist. At that moment, I had thousands of butterflies in my stomach.