Chapter 9: Getting Closer

Three months later, Nick and Angie became best friends and their bond grew stronger with each passing day. A month ago, Fiona came to stay with Angie and the Backstreet Boys. Little did they know that Angie had confided in Fiona, the only person she trusted at the moment, about her captivating crush.

**************************************
Angie's POV

I woke up to the sound of the boys downstairs. 'It's fucking early in the morning to be making noises downstairs.' I thought to myself. I jumped out of bed, got myself ready and headed downstairs. "Your turn, Nickolas." AJ said while pointing at the bottle. Oh, I get it! They're playing truth or dare! "Hey guys! May I join?" I said as I sat beside Nick. "Gie...psst..." He whispered. "Yes, Nicky?" I whispered back to him. "I picked dare. I don't know what are they gonna make me do." He said in whispers. I smiled. "Nick, I dare you to, to, to kiss Angie!" Said Brian with a cheeky smile. Well, I was shocked! He was also clearly shocked. He looked at me with an 'I'm sorry' face. He leaned into my face, looking into my eyes. He gazed at my lips. I looked into his eyes with the 'please don't' look. "I won't kiss her! Give me another dare!" Shouted Nick at Brian. "Oh yes, you are. There's no such thing as another dare, right guys?" Said Brian as he sternly looked at Nick. "Yes!" The boys and Fiona cheered for Brian and his dare except Howard. "Fine! If you don't wanna change the dare, I'm leaving the game!" Nick said, being very angry with Brian. He got off the table, went to his room and locked the door behind him. "Guys, c'mon. Seriously?" I said and went up to Nick's room. "Nicky, open up in there. I'm here." I said in a gentle tone of voice. The door opened to reveal him with his face looking down. "Come on, Nicky. Are you going to be hanging your face down for the rest of the day? It's a Sunday. I thought we could go out for lunch with Fiona." I said, turning my face to the other side. His face lit up. "Really?! Thank you, Gie!" He said with joy and hugged me. "You are the best friend I've ever had." He said as his hands rested on my hips. I blushed. He removed his hands and started blushing too. Out of a sudden, Fiona pulled me towards my room and locked it behind her. "Angie, listen up. You've missed the best chance you had." Said Fiona sternly. "What chance?" I asked. "The chance to taste him. The chance to kiss him!" She replied. "Didn't you see, Yona?! He did not even want to kiss me! He doesn't love me!" I said, being upset.

Nick's POV

I could hear the both of them quarreling inside her room. I let out a long sigh. "Nick! You've lost a good chance!" Brian came into my room. "Bri, she looked at me with the 'please don't' look. She doesn't wanna kiss me. I love her, but I don't think she loves me." I said as I gazed at the floor.

Fiona's POV

I've talked to Angie but she's still stubborn. What can I say more? I went out of her room to see Brian out of Nick's room. I liked Brian. He's so handsome. I never told him how I felt for him. Well, it's been 1 month. I better talk to him today. I don't wanna end up like Angie and Nick. I went into Brian's room. "Fiona, what's wrong?" He asked with concern. "I wanted to talk to you." I replied. He patted the bed. I sat beside him. "I-i- like you." I said it with full confidence. He was rather taken aback. "You like me?" He asked with confusion. "I love you, Brian. I know it's been only 1 month ever since I met you but-" I was cut off by Brian. "I love you too." He said to me. He came closer to me and kissed me gently as I tugged on his blonde hair.

Angie's POV

I sat in my room, looking sad and upset with my actions. 'It's now or never, Angie. Take it easy on him.' My subconscious advised me. I went to his room to find him on his bed with his Walkman. He was singing beautifully. "Nick?" I patted his shoulder. He turned to me and removed his Walkman. "Oh, hi. What are you doing here?" He asked me, peering into my eyes. "Just for fun. Do you mind if I?" I asked, pointing at the bed. "Sure." He replied. I lay down beside him. "Gie?" He called out my name. "Yes, Nicky?" I replied. "A few minutes ago, we were playing truth or dare. I picked a dare and it was to kiss you, right? If I had not told Brian to change the dare, would you still be sitting there, waiting for my lips against yours?" He asked me while his hands held onto my hands. "Give me an honest and straight answer. I need it." He added as he let go of my hands. "I-I don't know what to answer." I honestly answered him. "You don't know? What do you mean by 'don't know'?" He looked at me with an upset look. "I mean that I don't-" Nick cut me off. "Like me? You don't like me? Is that what you wanna say?" His words pierced my heart like a sharp dagger. Tears fell off my cheek. I left his room without saying anything. I went into my room, bursting into tears.