Chapter 7: Checking-Into School

Nick's POV

Me and Angie waved goodbye to Brian who drove off as soon as we got out of the car and started walking towards the school. I felt Angie's cold hands interlocking with mine. I turned to see her breathing heavily and scared. Concerned, I brought her under a tree to settle down. "Are you-" I was cut off by her action. She hugged me tightly. A light blush crossed my cheek. "Nick, I'm scared. This is a new school with new classmates and new friends. I don't know how to deal with this." She said as her voice was soft. I gently smoothened her hair and replied, "It's okay, Angie. I'm here for you. Even if we can't see each other during class time, you can still see me during recess." She looked up at my face and smiled. "Oh! I'm sorry I hugged you." She released me from her embrace. "It's okay, Angie." I told, reassuring her that she could hug me. We both looked at each other and turned away as soon as possible because of our red faces. "Come, let's go. School's about to start." I said as I held my hand to her. She looked meaningfully into my eyes and took my hand. She smiled warmly at me. I returned her smile. "Ready?" I asked her. She nodded. We held hands as I started to slowly interlock my fingers with hers. She removed her hand from mine. I crossed my arms due to embarrassment. 'God, she's so beautiful. Why are you testing me? Show me the right path to her. I don't want to be a hurdle in her life.' I closed my eyes, praying to God for her to be mine. "Nickolas, you okay?" She asked as I opened my eyes slowly. "Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled as I replied. I brought her to the principal's office to confirm which class she would be in. "Nickolas!" I heard the principal call me. "Yes, madam." I replied. "Bring Angie to 7 Creative, please." She ordered. "Sure, madam." I told as I walked out of the office. "What's your class?" Angie asked. "8 Creative." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck. I walked Angie to her class and bid goodbye. I couldn't study because my mind was waiting for recess to meet her. "Nickolas Gene Carter, if it isn't the class's loser." Bethany came in and snapped at me sarcastically. "Bethany, what do you want?" I asked her. "I want you. That's all I want." She replied. Didn't I mention that she likes me? She's one crazy dumbass who likes me. "Fuck off 'cause I will never like you." I snapped her in front of her friends. She was mad at me but I didn't give a fuck about her. As soon as the bell rang, I ran to the table where McClay was sitting. "Hey, McClay." I waved and smiled at her. "Carter, what took you so long?" Said Fiona McClay, my junior. She's more like a sister to me. "Sorry, I bet you know Miss Georgina. She's a little...Hey Angie, you've met Fiona already?" I changed my view to Angie as soon as I finished talking to McClay. "You mean Fiona? She's my childhood friend! I knew her before you did, Nick." She excitedly replied. I just love to see her happy. I sat beside McClay but Angie impatiently patted the seat beside her. I blushed a little. I sat beside her. She held onto my tie and pulled me closer to her. "Thanks for supporting me, Nickolas." She said in a rather low and soft voice. Our faces turned a little red. She released my tie. In the blink of an eye, it was time to go back home. Angie agreed to meet up at the tree we sat at today. "Angie!" I called out to her. "Nick! I freaked out for a moment!" She said. "Don't worry! I would make it here even though I'm late!" I assured her. She smiled. A few moments later, Brian's car came to fetch us back home.