Chapter 17: Before Midnight

Angie's POV

I was sitting on my bed, waiting for midnight. The door opened, revealing Nick standing. "Hey, how are you feeling now?" He asked, sitting on my bed gently. "Better." I said as I hugged him tightly. He was taken aback by that hug but eventually reciprocated. "Thank you for everything, Nick. I don't know if words could express my gratitude." I said, still clinging to him. "No need for so many big words, Gie. I love you the way you are." His words made me release him from my embrace. His eyes widened as he added, "I love you the way you are, as a friend." He smiled franticly. 'He just said he loves me the way I am. Why is he twisting his words? Why did he change his sentence? Does he love me the way I love him? Oh, why is he so hard to be read?' My thoughts were everywhere. "Uh...Angie? You okay?" He waved his hand in front of my face. "Oh! Yeah, I'm fine." I said, reassuring him. "I asked because all of a sudden you stop talking. I know you would never keep quiet until you go to bed. That's the only time you are silent." He said as he fit into giggles. I nudged his shoulder. "That's not right! You're the one who can't stay silent, not me!" I said, beating him playfully. He laughed. "Alright, I, Nickolas Gene Carter surrenders to Angie Lane Dorough, because she is a pain in the ass." He started rolling on the floor as I pouted.

Nick's POV

"Aww, is Angie mad?" I said as I started laughing again. She woke up from the bed, heading towards the door. I held onto her wrist, pulling her back to me. "You can't just leave me like that, Angie." I said as I pinned her towards the wall. Our breathing intensified. I looked into her gray eyes that were intensely looking at me. I pulled away from her as I walked out of her room. I went into my room. "Why am I doing this?! Why, Nick, why?!" I sat on my bed as my eyes started tearing. "I tried my level best to treat you as a friend, but my heart is telling me that our friendship is more than that." I grumbled, wiping my tears away. "Either I kiss you or avoid you, Angie. There's a decision to make." I said, walking around the room. The clock struck 11 pm. "Another hour more." I said as I sighed. I lie down on my bed, thinking about Angie, the only girl I always have in mind when I'm stressed or worked up. I curled up in my bed, slowly falling asleep in my bed. Later, the clock strikes midnight. My eyes flutter open and I woke up, walking to her bedroom to find her curled up, asleep.