Chapter 5: Desire's Peak

Angie's POV

We went to the place that Nick mentioned. It was really beautiful. I opened my mouth in awe. It was full of trees. It was very calming to be there. We walked slowly as my gaze fell on Nick. He just looked too cute when his hair was blown away by the gentle breeze. 'What was I thinking?' I questioned myself. After a moment, his gaze met mine. Our eyes locked for a moment. We stared like that for seconds. His blue eyes tempt my desires. I broke the eye contact by looking at the trees. I was embarrassed. While walking, I tripped on a rock and fell on Nick. "Umm....are you h-hu-hurt?" He asked me. "N-n-n-no....." I replied as I started to stutter. Our faces were red. By instinct, I straightened a lock of his glimmering golden hair on his face. He held onto my waist tightly. I gasped softly. A gasp I couldn't hold back. He released the grip on my waist. "I'm sorry I held you tight. It's just no one has ever touched me before. I got a little nervous." He honestly told his feelings. "Don't be sorry. No one has ever touched you before? For your good looks, I thought you had a girlfriend." I asked, being surprised. He blushed. "Girlfriend? Me? No. Not at all. Well, I thought you had a boyfriend. For real, not kidding." He replied. "Boyfriend? Me? Who would want a nerd?" I told him. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met before." He complimented me. I blushed lightly. "We should probably head back." He said to me. "Yeah. Thanks for the walk, Nick. Appreciate it." I thanked him sincerely. "Please don't mention it," Nick said as he gestured for me to leave with him. But before that, he pulled me towards him and straightened my hair softly. He also smiled warmly at me.

Howard's POV      

As soon as I noticed both of them heading back, I ran to my room and pretended like I was sleeping. I heard Angie's and Nick's rooms locked behind them. I woke up and thought to myself, 'Why did Nick take Angie out for a walk? What were they talking about? Where did he bring her? It's 2.30 in the morning.' I knew I had to talk to Angie in the morning.

Brian's POV 

For the first time, that kid listened to me. He finally brought his crush out after I told him. Nickolas could be a hard-headed person at some times. I knew I had to talk to Nick in the morning, just to find out what the kids did outside at 2.30 in the morning. 

Nick's POV

'Nick, you like her. She told you that she doesn't have a boyfriend and she also knows that you don't have anyone either. Get her, don't let your feelings eat you up from inside.' My subconscious told me. I sat on my bed, lost in deep thoughts. "What if she only wants me as a friend who she could talk to? What if it's nothing more than that? What if she-" I was talking my doubts out loud when I heard the room door unlocked. I turned to see, "What if she likes you?" said Brian with his arms crossed. He sat beside me. "Look, Nick. I know what you're going through. Maybe you should take it easy on her. Don't stress yourself up. Get closer to her as a friend first. Everything else comes next. Also, you should be asleep by now. You've got school tomorrow." He advised me in a brotherly way. I looked at him, depressed. "Goodnight, Nickolas. Don't think too much." He told as he closed the door behind him. I covered my face with my hands, groaning over my feelings. I went to sleep after 10 minutes.