⚡︎16⚡︎

~ Bonesburrow Library - 5 years ago ~

Hunter POV:

Y/n hasn't shown up yet. I'm sitting at the library chairs where we usually meet up and she's late. Why is she late?

I haven't seen her since Grom, I've been sorta excited to see her again weirdly. Ever since that day I feel like she constantly sits behind my head.

I find it odd to say I don't mind it. I don't mind that she's constantly in my head, it feels... nice, whenever I think about her.

Sometimes I hate that this is my only day of the week I see her. I wish I could see her even more than just once a week but because of my training I can't.

Speaking of training... Belos was upset when I found out I never showed up to my training that night. I tried making up something like I was too focused on my studies in my room I let time pass.

I was worried he would be upset but he let me off with a warning.

Shes 20 minutes late and I start wondering why she isn't showing up. I stand up and I start walking out of the library. I didn't do something wrong again did I?

*Ding dong*

I stand there anxiously.

"Please don't be Steve please don't be Steve please don't be Steve." I whisper to myself and start sweating.

The door opens and apparently I'm met with... a smaller kid.

He glares at me. I smile awkwardly.

"...Is... Y/n... home...?" I say.

The kid stares at me. He looks about 8 or 9, Probably the younger brother Y/n told me about.

"...We don't talk to strangers here." He glares.

"I-I'm not a stranger! I'm Y/ns friend..! You just haven't met me yet..!" I say.

He glares at me.

"What do you want with her...? are you gonna kidnap her?" He glares.

"No..!"

"Are you gonna kill her?"

"No!"

"Are you gonna cut her up and turn her into soup?" He glares.

"NO!" I exclaim.

"Matt who's at the door?" I hear Y/n say.

I glance behind the kid. The little boy spins around and looks at Y/n nervously.

"No one." He says.

She looks though the door and meets me in the eyes. Her eyes widen and she comes up to the door and shoves her little brother out of the way.

"Hey..!" Matt exclaims.

When she approaches me at the door my eyes widen once I get a good look at her. She's still in pajamas, her hair is messy too, and her eyes and face look sort of drained and terrible.

"Hunter- I'm actually glad you showed up, I'm sorry I couldn't meet you today." She rubs her eyes and leans against the door frame.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I have the common mold, I must have caught it while at school yesterday, I had to skip school today." She says.

"The mold? Um- is it bad- are you.."

"I'm fine, I'm getting a little better... I'm just feverish..." She rubs her eyes.

"C-can- um.." I stutter and rub the side of my arm nervously.