⚡︎58⚡︎

It's been 2 days since the first ritual, now it's time for the last one which is today. These past 2 other times have been fine. You haven't spent much time with Hunter since you've been working the last 2 days. Hunters been doing his missions as well. As for Steve...

He's just Steve.

You're remembering Rivers festival is tomorrow. You already let Matt know and he seemed reluctant to go at first. However, when you brought up Steve he seemed excited right off the bat.

You didn't work today though so you were gonna ask Hunter if he wanted to spend time with you again. Maybe go to the library or something like you used to.

You're wondering what he's been thinking ever since you talked 3 days ago.

Everything about him wanting to be emperor. So he can fix his mistakes... it kind of makes you sad that he feels that guilty about everything.

Yesterday you asked River about why Hunter and Tom can't see eachother yet. River said he wasn't sure, and said something along the lines of Darius wanting Hunter to finish what he's working on or something first, and he can't have distractions.

River doesn't know you're all planning on killing the emperor. But like Hunter said, Darius said he was the one who set up the cameras, so he probably knows you're planning on killing him. Maybe that's what Darius wants.

You continue walking to the hidden cell.

"Hey." Steve opens the door for you.

"Hunters already here, we have everything set up." Steve says and gestures you to sit.

Hunter looks up at you. He's already sitting in the floor.

You smile softly at him. His eyes soften as soon as you look at him.

"Have you checked on the emperor and see if the spells been working on him?" Steve asks.

"...it doesn't seem to be affecting him from what I can tell... but... I don't know, today's the last ritual maybe he'll be done and gone after this." Hunter shrugs.

"Well guess we'll find out today." Steve shrugs and sits down.

You take Hunters hand, he takes yours and looks into your eyes.

"How are you?" You ask.

He smiles warmly at you once he hears your voice.

"Good." He says.

Steve sits down with you both and places the things down to perform the ritual. You look over at Hunter again.

"Hey... I was thinking we could do something after this." You say.

"Oh, I also have something in mind, actually, I need your help with it. If you want." He says.

"What?" You ask.

"Well... it depends if this actually executes the emperor or not." Hunter says.

"What do you mean?" You tilt your head.

"I'll tell you later." Hunter says.

"I hope you both don't plan on going on any dates without my approval." Steve rolls his eyes.

"Oh fuck you Steve we're adults." You roll your eyes.

"Oh so you are dating?" Steve scoffs.

"So what?" You glare.

"Wait we are?" Hunter blushes and looks at you.

"...I mean... didn't we agree that we were that night when I was in your room?" You ask Hunter.