⚡︎57⚡︎

River POV:

"So... while Darius was out to get you he tasked me to set up your room if you did so happen to be alive." I say unlocking the cellar.

"A cellar? Oh! This is Darius's official covenhead cellar! That's a good idea! Damn he's smart!" Tom grins.

"I'll let you keep the key but I suggest you lock yourself in here just in case anyone tries to come in. Darius and I agreed if we ever need to check in on you. Unlock it when you hear this." River says.

He knocks on the door in a rhythmic beat.

"Catchy, got it." Tom smirks as River hands him the key.

I open the door to the cellar and start walking down the steps.

"Oh creepy." Tom says.

"Yeah... Darius never used it. I did my best to clean it and stuff... uh.. there was a few spiders down here but um.. I managed to kill them." I say sheepishly.

"Aw you should've used like, a little paper and a cup, spiders are actually pretty sweet." Tom says.

"I hate them." I shiver.

"Why?" Tom asks.

"8 legs? Ew!" I shiver.

"I think it's a cool accessory, it's just to fit their creepy cool aesthetic." Tom smiles as we continue walking down the stairs.

"Mm well I don't like it." I say.

"Is it a phobia?" Tom asks.

"I- I'm not sure, I just-"

"I can help get rid of your fear of spiders, with exposure therapy! I think I'd make a good therapist, do you wanna see if we can get rid of your fear of spiders together?" Tom grins excitedly.

"NO!" I say.

"Why not? Come on! It'll be fun!" Tom grins.

"Are you scared of anything?" I ask as we finally go down the final step.

"Heights, and storms, that's pretty much it." Tom says.

"Then why don't we get rid of your fear of heights and storms if you're gonna make me get over my fear of spiders?" I ask.

"Eheheh... touché...........no." Tom says.

I laugh a little.

"So this is my room?" He grins and looks around.

"Yeah, um... there's clothes for you in the drawer.. and... Darius got you a scroll, so we can talk. You can text me if you need anything, like if you're hungry or anything, there's a mini fridge here already with some stuff but if you need it restocked I can bring some stuff for you." I smile.

"You're the sweetest..!!! Oh my Titan! I've never had a scroll before! Where is it?!" Tom looks around.

"It should be on the nightstand, I can help you set it up, just make your penstagram discreet though." I say.