Candle on the Water

At the lighthouse mansion, everyone is eating dinner.

Selina: Dick, if you bring up the oilcan, we'll be ready for the night.

Dick: Sure. Before that, I'd like to show Elliott my new suit.

Alfred: No! No, no. He'll never... You can't bring Elliott up here. Government regulation 302 states that no dragons shall be allowed on the premises of the United States' lighthouses. Now, go on down and get the oil so I can mark it up in the log that you did that.

Dick: Okay. Selina, first, can I bring Bruce's picture down to Elliott? Then he can start looking for Bruce.

Selina: All right. (Dick left and closed the door.) Thanks, Alfred.

Alfred: For what?

For making believe about the dragon and going along with it.

Alfred: Making...

Selina: It means a lot to Dick. Sort of a family he made up.

I'm not making believe. I saw it. I actually saw it! And I haven't been the same since! You go down to the cave, you'd see it, too, and your eyes would just pop right out!

Selina: I was there. I saw nothing! Alfred, be realistic.

Alfred: You wanna be realistic. Let's talk about how realistic you are. Here you are, waiting for Master Bruce to come back that just ain't gonna come back, Miss Selina. And if waiting for over a year hasn't told you nothing, then you're not the one to talk about being realistic, are you? Honey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm going down to the hardware store.

Alfred left. Outside of the lighthouse, Selina looks at the ocean's horizon.

Selina: (singing) I'll be your candle on the water,
My love for you will always burn.
I know you're lost and drifting
But the clouds are lifting.
Don't give up, you have somewhere to turn.
I'll be your candle on the water,
'Till every wave is warm and bright.
My soul is there beside you,
Let this candle guide you.
Soon you'll see a golden stream of light.
A cold and friendless tide has found you,
Don't let the stormy darkness pull you down.
I'll paint a ray of hope around you,
Circling in the air,
Lighted by a prayer.
I'll be your candle on the water,
This flame inside of me will grow.
Keep holding on, you'll make it,
Here's my hand so take it.
Look for me, reaching out to show,
As sure as rivers flow,
I'll never let you go.

At the cave, Elliott is warming himself with the fire. Dick enters the cave.

Dick: Hi, Elliott! How do you like my new suit? (Elliott exclaims and looks at Dick's new suit)
And new shoes, too. Look at the way they shine! (Elliott babbles and pants like a dog.) Selina's so nice to me, I want us to do something for her. I want you to concentrate on finding Bruce Wayne for Selina. This is what he looks like. Remember his face. Try real hard.

Elliott: Hmm.

Elliott babbles.

Dick: Better go now. (Dick gives Elliot a kiss on his cheek.) See you tomorrow.

He left.