Meeting Elliott Again

At the tavern, Dr Terminus is checking on a patient.

Terminus: Twelve times a day till it's empty. Then come back. $1 please. Thank you.

He left.

Hoagy: I'm getting tired, sick and tired, of having to explain why we have a sail instead of horses.

Terminus: Would you rather tell them how I gave the horses away in Matawanakee to settle a malpractice suit?

Hoagy: No.

Terminus: Well, don't worry. When we leave here, we'll have horses again and plenty more.

Hoagy: More of what?

Terminus: More everything. More anything. Look, I don't know. Do you mind if I sound optimistic? This is the worst town on our route.
I hate...Pastafazooli, or whatever the name is.

Hoagy: Gotham.

Yeah. I don't wanna cure anybody here.

They all deserve to have whatever they have.

Hoagy: I'll drink to that.

Terminus: I've had nothing, nothing but bad luck in this burg.

Alfred came to their table, drunk.

Alfred: I'm sorry, Doc.

Terminus: You see what I mean?

Alfred: (slurring) Doc, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Hoagy. Can I buy everybody a round?

Hoagy: Yeah.

Alfred: Hey, 'cause, Doc, I got to talk to you. Okay?

Terminus: Sit down.

Alfred: May I? Thank you. Hey, you're a man of science, ain't you?

Terminus: A man of science, yes. Yes, I am. With degrees from the Royal Medical College, London.
The Gleinen Einen Peitzen in Vienna. No. And the Moulin Rouge in Paris. Why do you think they call me "Doc"? Because they sail their boats into me?

They laugh.

Alfred: You know anything about dragons?

Terminus: Of course I do. I see them in all the big cities going down the streets, with that funny little walk, wearing bright colors, fluttering around...

Alfred: No, no, no. I'm talking about a real dragon. Real dragon. With fire coming out of his mouth. And he's got real wings.

Terminus: You need a veterinarian. Why do you ask?

Alfred: I saw one.

Terminus Is it sitting at the next table?

They laugh

Alfred: I tell you, I saw a real dragon yesterday afternoon. He's owned by a young boy by the name of Dick.

Terminus: You are trying to tell me that there is a dragon here in Passamacracka?

Hoagy: Gotham.

Terminus: Yeah.

Alfred: Yes.

Terminus: I told you this was a rotten town. Well, in my educated opinion, sir, I think you've been up in your lighthouse too long.

Alfred: Wait. Wait. Wait, listen. What if what I just told you was true?

Terminus: In my scientific opinion, the existence of a dragon would have an impact of gigantic proportions. Mythology and legend would become history and science. One could really make a quick buck with it.