Final Battle

At the lighthouse mansion, Dick is in his room. Elliott looks at Dick at his window. He knocks.

Dick: Elliott! (He opens the window) Oh, Elliott, you were terrific the way you saved us from Lord Ffogg. (Elliott laughs) What? (He pantomime while babbling) Do you mean it? (Elliott babble yes.) Wow! That's great. You're the most wonderful dragon in the whole world. (He kisses Elliott on the cheek.) Wait till I tell Selina! (Dick leaves. Elliott left and hums. At the lighthouse, Dick ran upstairs to the light.) Selina! Selina! Good news! Elliott found Bruce, and he's on his way home!

Selina: Dick

Alfred: I wouldn't say anything like that if I were you.

Dick: But it's true. Elliott said.

Selina: Please. There's been enough talk about Paul, and Elliott too. (Sighs) Both of us have to be realistic. Bruce's hip went down. He's not coming back. And I have to adjust my life to it. You have to make a big adjustment, too. You have us now. You don't have to make believe your only friend is a dragon.

Dick: But I'm not making believe.

Selina: That's what I mean by "realistic." There are no dragons.

Dick: Except for Elliott. He's real. Alfred, you've seen him, haven't you?

Alfred: Well, l... I thought I saw him.

Dick: Wait till Bruce gets here. Then you'll know how realistic Elliott is.

Selina: Okay. Until that time, let's try not to talk about it. How about filling the reserve oilcan?

Dick: Sure.

He left.

Selina: Well, at least one of us is entitled to have illusions.

In the other room, Dick is carrying logs. Dr. Terminus came in.

Dick! Dick, it's Elliott!

Dick: What's the matter?

Terminus: Elliott's in Gotha... Gotha... He's in town, and he's tearing the place apart. You've got to do something.

Dick: Holy ransacking! Oh! No!

He dropped the logs and ran outside. Dr. Terminus laughed. Outside Selina looks at a ship through her telescope. It's Bruce, alive. He's helping the captain.

Bruce: We should be in the channel. We should've made Gotham City light by now.

Captain: There it is.

Bruce: It's my home port. I didn't think I'd ever see it again.

Captain: It's a welcome sight.

Bruce: Looks great to me. I know the light-keepers personally.

In town...

Terminus: He's in there! Come on!

Dick: Elliott! Elliott!

Hoagy: Didn't you say the primary was really the tertiary?

The fishermen shout as they were trapped in the nets.

Terminus: Never!

Dick: Where's Elliott?

Lady Peasoup bear hugs him.

Lady Peasoup: Nowhere! Your hokey-pokey dragon's out helping Santa Claus pull his sled! Boys!

Dick: Let me go!

Lady Peasoup: Now you're never gonna get away again! We're gonna put chains on you when you're working!

Lord Ffogg: And when you're not working.