Chapter 42: Escaping

Meanwhile in the shelter home...

Myra stealthily reached sister Samantha's door and entered the room. Since the intruders were currently checking the upper floors in the children's rooms, there was no one on their floor.

Myra: Sister Samantha, hurry, wake up please, we have intruders, and they are going to burn this place to ashes.

Samantha: What? Who is here, we should call the police.

Myra: The people seem dangerous; we have to evacuate this place soon. The intruders are currently in the children's rooms, other people are also coming, so we should make a plan and get everyone out before something bad happened.

Myra intentionally hid the fact that the intruders were searching her as she was still not sure about their objectives. She has sought it through that she has to try saving them and bidding time before Ivy comes with help. Ivy is a smart kid, and she will definitely come for help in some time. They just have to hold on till then.

Myra: Sister, you go and wake up the other sisters and I'll try and sneak to the second floor to bring the children out. Once the sisters are there, ask them to escort the children coming downstairs safely outside the shelter home. Ivy has already gone to ask for help and the help will reach soon. We have to work fast and help everyone. Come now.

They were just nuns who devoted their lives in serving others. They never had faced any kind of life and death situation before this, and neither were they experienced to do so. Although Sister Samantha was the wisest one, she was still shaken to the core and trembling with fear. Myra pumped some confidence in her as she was currently her best bet. She had to save everyone.

Sister Samantha went on to wake other nuns up and Myra sneaked onto second floor stealthily. She heard the intruders going upstairs and talking to each other.

Man1: Hey, we checked in all the rooms, but she was not there, what should we do now.

Man 2: Yeah, it was tiring, I need a smoke immediately, let's go to the terrace and call boss regarding this, and he must be reaching there within a few minutes. He will tell us what to do further.

Both the man disappeared from the stairs and probably went to the terrace. This was the perfect opportunity for her to help all the children escape. She began her evacuating journey by entering all the rooms and telling every kid to go stealthily downstairs to sister Samantha as they have arranged chocolates for them. If they will make any voice on their way downstairs, then chocolates will not be given to them.

The kids in the shelter home were all so small and innocent. They were also deprived of the luxuries of having chocolates at their will and would only get the chocolates if someone donated them, so they instantly woke up and went downstairs. The babies below 3 years of age were already sleeping with the sisters and thus all the kids present there were from ages between 3 to 10 years, and all can walk and understand what Myra meant. They obediently woke up and started moving towards stairs. Sister Samantha was downstairs with the other sisters and infants. They stealthily escorted everyone out and when Myra came downstairs with the last of the children, she saw sister Samantha guiding everyone out from the small gate in the backyard.

While they were evacuating the orphanage, the two men light up their cigarettes and one of them called their boss. The call connected through, and they heard another voice from the other end.

Kareem: Is the work done? Do you have the girl with you?

Man 1: No boss, we searched the whole orphanage and there is no one similar to the photo, could it be that she is not here at the moment, what should we do now?

Kareem: But it is not possible, she was here this evening as I checked the CCTV we installed in the area. Wait there and keep an eye, Meanwhile I'll get someone check the CCTVs.

Kareem disconnected the call and call one of the people in the base, he asked the person to check the CCTV of the area since evening and find if anyone has left the orphanage. Before the operator of the CCTV switched the timing, he reported the current image to the Kareem which made his blood boil and he immediately call his men.

Kareem: Idiots, what are you doing? They know you are there, and they are escaping from the small door in backyard. Just move your ass fast and don't let them escape. I'm reaching in just 5 minutes.

He disconnected the call and asked his driver for a slight change of the route.

Meanwhile, both the men were furious by the fact that they were fooled by the naïve and innocent nuns and children. They ran towards the backyard while going downstairs and reached a balcony from where the backyard gate was visible. One of the persons shot a bullet in the air and shouted.

Man 1: Stop where you all are, or I won't hesitate to pull the trigger on you.

Hearing the gunshot, everyone panicked, and Myra stepped forward and asked sister Samantha

Myra: When I will move forward, take everyone out and just run. We don't have time to wait for the help. We need to act now, or they will kill everyone.

Samantha: No, we can't leave you here, I'll distract them, you go with them child.

Myra: Sister Samantha, they are here for me. Trust me and save everyone. I'll be fine. I just want to thank you for all the things you have done for me. I hope you always be happy. Goodbye

Samantha was emotional, but she knew that the only way to save all the lives is to agree with Myra. She turned and waited for Myra's signal. Meanwhile Myra stepped forward and shouted at the men standing in the balcony.

Myra: I know you are here for me, and you want me alive. I am here, let everyone go and I'll cooperate you; otherwise, you'll have to kill me first before killing anyone else.

She stood in front of everyone with her hands spread. While titling her head a bit, she gave a side eyed signal to sister Samantha to run away and eventually all the hostages started running out of the orphanage. The men ran towards the gate but before they reach there, everyone except Myra, ran off and Myra hurriedly closed the door and locked it from inside. She knew that this is the only way to save everyone. If she ran off with them, the men would eventually run after them and will catch everyone as they were just nuns and children, and these were trained men. Instead, she chose to stay there and bid time for the others to escape from there. She can just pray to God to send help as soon as possible or she didn't know what waits for her....