Chapter 43: Too Late?

Ayan was trembling with an unknown sense of fear and anxiety. Finally he was so close to his love, but she was in danger. He wasn't even sure if she was his Myra, but he had a strong sense of feeling that this time, it's her. He was driving very fast and had already informed Keshav to reach that departmental store with his backup forces. He parked the car messily in front of the store and ran inside the store as fast as possible. Once he entered inside the store, he found the same little girl sitting on a chair beside the cashiers chair and he was offering her a small glass of water. She was continuously crying and hiccupping. On seeing me, she ran off her seat and came to me just to hug my leg.

Ivy: Uncle, p....please save them (hiccup), I...I d...don't have anyone e...else in th...this (hiccup) world..... Th..they are my f...family... s...specially my n...nanna, p....please save her (Hiccup), I....I beg you (hiccup)

Ayan: Shshhh, calm down child. Tell me from the beginning, what happened.

He took her back to the reception and made her sit on the counter and offered her water which she drank and narrated all the events from the night to him. Listening to the events, for one second, he changed his mind and thought to save everyone first before enquiring more about his Myra.

Ayan: Okay, you just stay here with my men who are coming here in a minute. I'll go and rescue all of them. They will be fine.

With this, he turned around to leave the place and took out his phone to update Keshav but Ivy called him out again

Ivy: Uncle wait...Nanna asked me to give this to you when you meet me. She said I must give it to you, but if you don't agree to help, then I must sell this off and use the money for food.

She handed out a small paper folded neatly from her pocket which Myra gave her just before their separation. He took the packet from the trembling hands and unfolds the paper when something falls of from the paper. He bends down to see a ring rolling near his feet. He picked up the ring and his vision got blurry. It was the ring, the same ring he put in Myra's finger on their engagement. His tears weren't in his control and when some drops of tears fell on the piece of paper in which the ring was rolled, he noticed that something was scribbled on the paper. On that piece of paper, the words written nearly took his breath away

Dear Ayan

It has been long and I know you will be furious when you will read this and find that I have been here and didn't contact you for last 2 years. I know you loved me and I know you still love me. Although it is difficult for you to understand by trust me, I had my reasons 2 years ago. But this is my family, the people who saved me and the people who kept me alive and sane for last 2 years. Please save them, for my sake. And I promise you that if we meet in this lifetime, I'll repay you this kindness, even with my life (if it still matters to you).

From

Myra

When he finished reading the letter, his legs gave up and his knees hit the ground and he let out a painful wail. The pain however was not coming from the knee which hit the ground but from his heart which was wailing unknowingly after reading the lines scribbled by his love.

Ayan: This time, again, she requested his help for someone else. But the letter didn't say anything about saving her, what does that mean when she said please save my family, is she still not there? I must reach there at the earliest and see for myself.

Just then Keshav reached there with their other men. 2 men were deported on the departmental store only if they had any other victims and the rest departed for the shelter home.

Meanwhile on the other side, the nuns and Children from the Shelter home were running for their lives and as soon as they reached the road, they saw some cars coming in their way. Remembering what Myra said about the help which was coming their way, Samantha hurriedly came forward and extended her hand in front of the coming vehicles to make them stop. The vehicles stop and from the first car, a man stepped out and walked towards her

Man: Are you from the Sunshine Shelter home? Don't worry we have arrived for the help; we will save you and the shelter home. But why are you running here? Is everyone here now? Or is there someone else left?

Samantha: No, one of our sisters is still there and she is in danger, please protect her. We ran just because she staked her life for ours. Please save her

Man: Alright, don't worry, we have space in the cars at the end please accommodate everyone in those cars and we will move again towards the shelter home. Don't worry, we are a lot of people here and we will protect all of you. But there is no time to take all of you to somewhere else. Moreover, there are children along with you and it isn't right to take everyone to police station at this hour.

On their instructions, everyone settled themselves in the cars of their saviours and they again moved towards the shelter home. Meanwhile Sister Samantha was asked to sit in the other car to narrate everything that has happened so that further action can be taken. She told everything she knew about how Myra sent Ivy for calling them for help and how Myra stuck herself in while helping everyone to escape. She was crying bitterly at the situation and was constantly begging them to save everyone and their shelter home as it was their only home.

On reaching the shelter home, the men instructed the kids and the nuns to remain in the cars and stationed some of them outside their cars and some went inside the building. When they reach inside the building, they found the 2 men dragging the unconscious Myra outside. On seeing the group of men entering the building, they loosened their grip on tied and unconscious Myra and make her lie on the couch in the reception area. One of the men then spoke to the group incoming

Man: Boss, she is quite a handful, she fought like a cat. We know you ordered us to not even get a scratch on her but while chasing her, she was hurt a bit here and there. But nothing serious I guess. We have sedated her but unfortunately others escaped.

Kareem: Idiots, how can you let everyone escape? And look at the girl, her head is bleeding. These aren't mere scratches. You know the consequences if we don't complete this task as told. Now move fast. Don't take her out from the front door. Take her out from the back and put her in the car. We will leave for the port now.

He started barking orders informing some of the men to pour the inflammable liquid in whole of the area. Then e asked his man to go to the children and nuns sitting in the car and bring them here. The man went outside and informs Sister Samantha.

Man: Sister, we have checked the whole place. There is no one inside the premises. You all can go inside. Don't worry, boss has said that we will find the sister you mentioned and bring her back to you. We will go now and inform the police. You all go inside and have a good rest.

Sister Samantha felt a relief surged through her when she heard this. Although she was still worried for Myra but at least all the kids are safe now. She instructed everyone to go inside the home and insisted the man on going with him to the police station. The man declined politely stating that it is his duty to follow the orders and help them as told. She thought that the god has sent some kind souls to help them in the hour of need. She sent a silent prayer to god to thank him and to ask him to send someone to save Myra just as someone has been sent to save them.

All the kids and nuns went inside. Unknowing to them, the man standing outside locked the door after everyone blocking it with a wood log to prevent it from opening. All the telephone and other connection devices wires were already cut from inside by them. They pour the flammable liquid on the outside in the boundaries of the shelter home as well and sped off in their vehicles taking Myra along with them but not before throwing a lighter towards shelter home...