~Chapter 3~

Xue Yang watched as Wei Ying, the kid who stood up for him ran off. Xue Yang then looked at the hand he held his with. Xue Yang originally didn't want to go to class, but Wei Ying ended up coaxing him into going to class by saying he'll hold his hand there. Which, Xue Yang hesitantly agreed.

So, hand-in-hand, Wei Ying walked him to class. Wei Ying arrived in his class in just the nick of time, and sat down, awaiting the teacher and today's lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Wei Ying had promised, when it was lunch time, he met Xue Yang at his classroom. Xue Yang just left his classroom when he spotted Wei Ying, Wei Ying smiled brightly and waved at him.

"Xue Yang! Here!" Wei Ying ran up to him.

"What are you doing here?" Xue Yang asked, ignoring the warm feeling of someone actually coming over there for him.

"I'm your friend now! So that means we outta hang out to know each other better!" Wei Ying cheerfully said.

Xue Yang's breath slightly hitched. Someone actually wanted to get to know him?? Xue Yang sighed, then faced him.

"Fine, but just to let you know, I'm not the most.... pleasant person" Xue Yang warned.

"That's okay, you should see my auntie Ziyuan and my cousin, Jiang Cheng, they're so far the most rudest people I've ever met-but I still love them so I over look that, they're more of showing you positivity aggressively" Wei Ying said in a matter of fact tone.

"I'm rude just to be rude" Xue Yang deadpanned.

"That's fine" Wei Ying grabbed his hand again and began to lead Xue Yang to his group of friends.

It'd be a lie to say Xue Yang wasn't at all nervous. Halfway there, Wei Ying faced Xue Yang who tightened his hold on Wei Ying's hand.

"You okay?"

"Just... Wondering why you'd take me along with you-haven't you heard what that kid called me?"

"Ghoul-ish freak?" Wei Ying asked.

Xue Yang nodded Wei Ying thought for a moment before facing Xue Yang again.

"So? If you're a ghoul then there's no helping it, you shouldn't get picked on for what you are. It's almost like making fun of a flower simply because it's a flower. But that's my personal opinion anyway. Just like now, even if you are a ghoul, I wouldn't care" Wei Ying said.

Xue Yang's eyes widened at his words "So you... Wouldn't care?"

"Nope! But are you though?" Wei Ying asked, his head tilting.

Xue Yang opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again as if he was thinking. Soon enough, he spoke.

"No, I'm not" Was his final words.

Wei Ying smiled "Okay then, just before you met my friends however, I should warn you about them" Wei Ying said simply.

Xue Yang raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, first thing is my cousin, his name is Jiang Cheng. He's sarcastic and rude, so try to pay it no mind if he tends to insult you, sometimes it is an unconscious habit that he gained from his mom, my aunt. He also tends to give people positivity aggressively" Wei Ying started.

"Okay...." Xue Yang didn't know what to say.

"'kay, then there's Lan Zhan, don't take it to heart if he doesn't even acknowledge or talk to you. He tends to isolate himself when it comes to newer people, give it time if you want a decent conversation with him" Wei Ying said.