~Chapter 22~

Hell was descending upon them rather quickly...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Screams echoed within the chamber, Wei Ying constantly telling the woman to breath.

     "Baby's crowning" Wei Ying said, keeping focus on what he was doing, listening to anything and everything the woman told him.

    She cried and screamed.

    "SHIT!" She cried out "I can't do this!" She begged and cried.

    Wei Ying faced her, a determined, but hopeful look on his face.

    "You got this! Don't worry! Just keep breathing and push whenever you are ready" He said, grabbing his jacket to use to hold onto the baby and began the cleaning process-but then there's the whole other business that he'd have to deal with, like the cutting whatever it was called and whatnot.

     She sobbed and grabbed onto the corpses behind her, holding onto their limbs and breaking them with the sheer force of her tightening her grip on them.

     Wei Ying watched as the baby slowly came out more and more the woman pushed. He smiled when the forehead was fully out.

    "Almost there!" He said, already beginning to hold the baby's head.

     He looked to her, a bright smile on his face "Your child's almost here! I need one more big push!" He said.

     She looked at him, tears clouding her eyes. His bright and kind smile eased her more and she bit her lip as she screamed once more, giving a final push as Wei Ying looked down and the entire head was out.

    Wei Ying felt the tears come to his eyes as he watched a baby take their first breaths and began crying. The woman cried too, hearing her baby, but the child wasn't yet fully out. Wei Ying helped pulled the baby out, and once the baby was out did he reveal the gender.

    "You have a son!" He said as he held the newborn in his hands.

    The baby cried and he was lost in the beauty of the moment. He faced the woman, a smile on his face.

     "He's beautiful!" He said.

     The woman was heavily breathing she looked at them and smiled. Wei Ying leaned over and gave her the baby as he went to figure out what to do about the cord that was still attached to the baby.

    She smiled and kissed the newborn.

    "My darling child... My beautiful boy..." She said weakly.

    Wei Ying figured he'd have to cut the cord and do what else the woman told him to do. He looked around trying to find what he could use that's sharp and could be easy to clean. 

    "Wei Ying.. Take him" She said, almost sounding urgent.

    Wei Ying looked to her.

    "Hold on a bit-I'd have to cut the cord" He said as he figured he'd just use a random claw he found.

     Quickly wiping it clean best he could, he cut the cord safely and wrapped it so the rest could fall out on its own.

    "I..I don't want to drop him" She said as he did so.

    Wei Ying kneeled beside her, discarding the claw behind him "What do you mean?" As soon as he grabbed the baby, she placed a hand on both the baby's and Wei Ying's cheek.

    Wei Ying was stunned, but the baby had stopped crying. 

    "...Take care of him for me..." She said.