~Chapter 11~

"A-Xian! Are you okay?" Jiang Yanli asked worriedly.

"I'll live" Wei Ying said.

As soon as he said that, he took notice of both Lan Zhan and Xue Yang who had major looks of guilt on their faces. Wei Ying wanted to comfort them... But for right now..... He'll have to ignore it and rest.... That's what's important right now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wei Ying sat in his room, spinning his flute around in his fingers. How did Wei Ying have a flute? Once Changze left Wei Ying in his room to heal some more, Wei Ying got up to hide the little "Ghoul bag" in his closet, in the very back, and he noticed a little box.

He was curious, so he grabbed it, and hid the bag. He closed his closet and sat on his bed, opening the box, and inside, was the flute he quite enjoyed playing during his younger years. One day, he just couldn't find it and now he did.

Everyone was out in the living discussing with the cops of what happened. Turned out, when Wei Ying hadn't returned, his mom got worried and first tried calling Wei Ying a couple of times to ask where he was.

No response...

Then she called Xue Yang (They all have each other's numbers).

Xue Yang said that they left as they did normally. Cangse waited a bit since it wasn't uncommon that he'd stay out a bit late. But when he still hadn't returned, she called Lan Zhan, asking if Wei Ying was perhaps staying the night. Which, Lan Zhan replied that he wasn't there and wasn't staying the night.

She became worried and called Yu Ziyuan, asking if Wei Ying was there. She replied no, and asked what was going on. Cangse responded with "Wei Ying isn't home yet".

At that point, Yu Ziyuan told her to call the cops and file a missing person report if Wei Ying wasn't home, and wasn't answering his phone. Dread filled Cangse, but she did just that. Changze holding her hand as she explained to the cops what happened and what was going on, all they did was tell her to wait a full 24 hours that he's been gone to file such a report.

Cangse was pissed, but she did just that. When the school called saying Wei Ying wasn't at school, she called the cops again, saying that he wasn't even at school, and his friends hadn't even seen him. That's when the report was made to look for him.

A week had passed since. And now he was home.

Wei Ying lay on his back, still twirling the familiar flute in his hands. He set it on the bed and sat up slowly, his body still hurting. He slightly ran his fingers over where he could feel the stitches of his surgery.

He could feel the ghost of the sting, but he didn't pay it any mind. He sighed and looked at his legs, they were bandaged, but they didn't hurt as bad as they did before. There was a soft knock on the door.

Wei Ying sighed, he wanted to be alone, but he slowly got up, and walked as carefully as he could to his room door. He opened it and it was Xue Yang. Wei Ying just stood there.

"I'm sorry" Xue Yang said first.

"Huh? Why are you apologizing?" Wei Ying asked.

"I was the last to be with you, I shouldn't have left you alone, I should've just seen you home-"

"Hey, it's okay, none of us could have predicted this. It was no one's fault" Wei Ying said, easing the distressed Xue Yang.

"It's not okay! I...I promised myself that I'd protect you all, and.... One of my very best friends got hurt, almost died!" Xue Yang had tears streaming down his face.