~Chapter 9~

Song Zichen was slightly hurt... He planned to ask Xiao Xingchen out too, he had a reservation for a fancy place ready, and this person came up and beat him to it... It hurt, it really did... But there was nothing he could do now....

     He might as well cancel that reservation now, it was going to be no use now....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Aside from the growing feeling of something bad going to happen, everything was going as smoothly as possible. Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen were in a healthy and happy relationship, and went on a few dates here and there.

     Both Xiao Xingchen and Song Zichen moved their spot from their quiet classroom, to the group of people Xiao Xingchen grew quite fond of. Slowly, Song Zichen opened up to them, but he kept his guard up around Xue Yang.

    Which, slightly understandable, who doesn't have their guard up around their best friends new partner?

    Either way, things were going just well. Wei Ying was walking to the table group during lunch when Song Zichen and Xiao Xingchen caught up to Wei Ying.

    "Wei Ying!" Wei Ying turned and saw it was Xiao Xingchen who called out to him.

Wei Ying stopped walking and allowed them to catch up to him "What's up?" Wei Ying asked.

   "Nothing, Song Lan said he saw you and I wanted to chat for a bit" He said.

    Wei Ying smiled "Sure, what do you wish to talk about?" Wei Ying asked.

    "Nothing really, how was your day?" He asked.

    "It's going, nothing really interesting honestly. And you?" Wei Ying asked.

    "It's going well"

    Wei Ying smiled and they arrived at the table and began chatting and eating whatever was brought.

     The day went by normally. Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng drove home, same with Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji, Song Zichen drives Xiao Xingchen home, and Xue Yang and Wei Ying walked home.

    "Sooo...." Wei Ying began as they walked.

    "Yess?" Xue Yang asked, eating a candy bar he bought at school.

    "How's you and Xiao Xingchen?~" Wei Ying cooed.

    Xue Yang smiled "Great, I outta say, for my first relationship, it's going quite well" He said.

    "Even if that Song Zichen is hanging around all the time?" Wei Ying asked.

    "Not all the time, he's there half the time which I don't mind honestly, I understand the guys protective over his bestie, so I don't mind" Xue Yang said.

    "Sweet, what are your thoughts on him?" Wei Ying asked.

    "He's a good guy who shows the right amount of concern and worry for Xiao Xingchen. Although, he could stop looking like he wants to kill me all the time" Xue Yang said with a sigh.

     "I try my best to get the guy to like me, I buy him little trinkets when I go buy Xiao Xingchen something to show that I'm a good guy and all" Xue Yang added.

     "Well, it might take him a while to get used to you, it had always been those two if I remember correctly" Wei Ying said.

    "I know I know, but still. It's kinda hard to be in a relationship with someone when their friends look like they disapprove of you" Xue Yang said.