Chapter: 1

Lucy's POV

I hate these goody goody Fairies I thought to myself as I plastered a fake bright smile on my face while opening the door to the guild. Everyone turned to me and smiled
"Hey, Lucy!"
I waved at them "Hey everyone" I walked over to the bar where the she-demon Mira was cleaning a glass.
"Hello, Lucy!" She said cheerfully.
"Hey, Mira" I answered her as I perched on one of the bar stools.
"Can I get you anything, Lucy?"
"No thanks, Mira." She smiled and walked away. It's been two months since the Grand Magic Games and I haven't heard from my father since he and his dragon almost wiped out the guild, I hope Mavis's spell didn't hurt him too badly.
"Hey, Lucy." I turned around and came face to face with Lisanna, Mira's long lost baby sister.
"Hello, Lisanna," I said in a dry tone.
She narrowed her eyes at me "Are you feeling okay Lucy?"
I quickly realized my mistake and smiled at her "Sorry Lisanna I'm just tired." I can't keep this up for much longer. All of these Fairies are going to drive me insane.
"Awe, didn't sleep well?" She asked me with concern.
I sighed and nodded
"Hey, Luce! Come on let's go on a job!" I felt an overly warm hand on my arm and turned my head to see none other than the hot-headed dragon slayer Natsu.
"Aye!" With his stupid cat Happy.
I sighed again "Fine go pick one out it's your turn." I said to them both they took off in the direction of the request board leaving me alone with Lisanna again.
"They sure are energetic today." She said with a girlish giggle.
I silently agreed with her as Natsu and Happy came back with a flyer.
"Let's do this one."
I took the flyer from him and read it

Black Dragon shape seen flying towards the mountain. Will pay 140,000 jewels to find out what it is and to make sure it is not a danger to our town.

A dragon shape? That's strange the only dragon left is my father's and if it was them they would have informed me.
"Alright, Natsu we'll leave tomorrow morning."
"Are you two doing a job?" I looked over to see Gray and Erza walking towards us.
"Yeah, but we aren't gonna leave until tomorrow it's getting late," I said to them while stretching.
"Mind if we join you?" Gray asked gesturing to Erza and himself.
Natsu glared at Gray "We don't need an ice princess going anywhere with us."
I rolled my eyes I knew where this was headed.
"What did you call me coal for brains?"
"You heard me ice freak."
I stood up I could not handle this tonight "I'm leaving I'll see everyone tomorrow morning." no one noticed me as I left the guildhall. You could hear the noise from outside.
I wonder where my father is I thought to myself as I wandered to my apartment. I hope he's okay, I unlocked my front door and headed to my bedroom. I knew instantly that I was not alone. I kept the light off as I searched the room. Coming up empty-handed I flicked on the light and there sleeping on my bed was my black exceed that I had left in my father's care.
"Sakura! What are you doing here?"
The small black cat opened her eyelids to reveal her bright green eyes
"Welcome home Mistress." She got up and stretched. "your father sent me, he said that it's almost time for you to finish your mission and come home."
I broke out into a genuine smile "Good I am tired of these Fairies."
"The job request you and your team are to go on tomorrow is your father's trap for them. He also wants me to watch over you until then."
I blinked at her "How? they all know I don't have an excess."
Her black feathered wings uncurled "Don't worry about that mistress I have everything under control." with that said she flew out my window and into the night.
I watched her go until I could no longer see her anymore then I got up packed and got ready for bed, my mind racing with ideas on how my mission was to end until finally sleep claimed me.
I woke the next morning with an arm draped over me, I rolled over to see Natsu sound asleep next to me.
"Natsu! Get out of my bed!" I screamed at him.
"Geez Luce why are you so loud I'm trying to sleep."
I grumbled and stomped over to the bathroom hoping he'd be gone when I came out. I came out and it was worse, everyone was here.
"Oh hey, Lucy," Gray called to me from my bed with Erza.
"I'm sorry for intruding Lucy I heard they were both here and I couldn't let you be alone with them it would feel wrong."
I sighed and looked over at Natsu and Happy who were stuffing their faces with food from my kitchen.
"Come on we're going to be late." Erza said, "Wendy is waiting for us at the train station."
My eyes widened "I didn't realize that Wendy was coming as well."
Erza nodded "yeah, she heard us talking yesterday and said that she wanted to see if it was Grandine."
"Alright then the more the merrier, let's get going we don't want to miss our train!" I said with a sly grin towards Natsu who turned green
"Can't we walk?"
"No, it would take too long, you'll be fine." Gray said glaring at him. We all left my apartment and headed towards the train station.