Chapter: 23

Lucy's POV

Camp was all packed up and Acno had already left with a promise to return to us and help when my father struck.
"Can we portal back?" Natsu looked so hopeful it made me laugh.
"What's wrong Flame Brain?" Gray teased him "Afraid of a little boat?"
Natsu glared at him "What did... You call me... Ice Queen?"
I rolled my eyes and stepped inbetween them "Enough Ladies, it's time to go."
They both glared at me and Erza chuckled. I quickly opened up a portal to the guild and Natsu's face instantly went back to normal. Being the last one through the portal I saw that we were the last team to return.
"Hey! Welcome back you guys!" Mira called to us from behind the bar. "We were afraid that Zeref had found you."
I shook my head "No, Did you receive my letter?" I had sent the master a message on when my father would attack a couple of weeks ago.
Mira nodded "Yes, he got it."
"Good."
"Alright brats listen up!" The guild grew silent and I looked up to see our guild Master standing on top of a rail. "Zeref Will be here in a few days and I know that some of us are scared." I looked around the hall and saw fear in almost everyone's eyes. "But I want to remind you all that we are Fairy Tail and we will not lose to him!" The fear vanished and they all began to cheer. "We will send him running!"
I felt his magic "We will-" There was an explosion out side and I knew that the time for cheering was done.
"Luce!" Natsu called to me as I raced out the door to meet him.
The sky was filled with his demons and he was hovering on one Just outside the hall.
"Father."I snarled feeling hatred flow through my veins.
"Ah, there you are my dear Lucy." The rest of the guild filed out behind me and we all stood glaring up at him. He glared back "Lucy... Do you truly believe that these flies stand a chance against me?"
I felt a grin stretch across my face "No father, I believe they can beat you."
He growled "We'll see."
His demons flew down to the ground attacking the other members, none we're attacking me.
He was stalling "Where is she?" I screamed up at him.
He grinned "Where's who Lucy?"
I bawled my hands into fists "Don't patronize me, Where is she?"
He pretended to think. "Oh! You mean... Her?" He snapped his fingers and my mother's body appeared next to him completely lifeless.
I felt my heart shatter "What did you do to her?'
"The same thing I will do to you!"
I spun around and raced into the chaos. I very quickly ran into Wendy trying to heal people our in the open with Romeo protecting Her.
'Wendy!" She looked up at me "I want you and Romeo to take all of the children and injured into the guild hall, look after them in there." They both nodded and raced towards the hall gathering injured and children as they went.
Demons had rained down on us and every where I turned they were fighting the people I love, but not one had attempted to attack me yet.
"Lucy!" I spun around and saw Gray finishing off 3 demons to get to me. "We need to stop him!"
"I agree." Erza came up beside us.
"I know ho-" There was a crash and my head whipped around to see the hall being attacked by Zeref, he was personally trying to bring it down.
"No!" I cried and started running towards the hall passing Natsu on the way.
"Luce?" He punched out a demon and quickly caught up to me "Where are you running off to?" I pointed to the hall to breathless to speak and he sighed "With all the of the times its been torn down and rebuilt I'm sure we can do it by memory by now."
I shook my head and ran faster "I sent the wounded and children with Wendy and Romeo inside the hall."
His eyes widened with alarm and we both picked up speed. We both raced inside Just as the door was blocked from the outside with debris. We didn't have much time.
"Wendy!" I called out to her as she tended to the wounded.
"Lucy wha-"
"Gather everyone and bring them to the cellar."
"Bu-"
"He's gonna bring down the building! There's no other way to protect everyone!"
Her eyes widened with fear but she kept Her head as we gathered everyone Just as the walls started crumbling "Quickly!" I pushed them out of the way and sealed the door behind us. We were trapped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had If Today Was Your Last Day playing as I wrote this, I thought it was quite fitting. Anyway I have written the last chapter and oh my goodness the feels. I'm debating on a sequel?