Chapter: 10

Lucy's POV

After hours of walking we came to an abandoned building.
"He's in there... I can feel it." I said to them looking for a way inside. "Through here." there was a broken window close to the ground.
"This place is huge!"
I clamped my hand over Happy's mouth "Be quiet do you want them to know we're here?" he shook his head and I moved my hand "Good, now then let's start looking around and remember, be quiet."
"Is the vessel ready?"
I could hear voices coming from downstairs. I waved the others over and we quietly made our way down the stairs.
"Make it quick, I'm growing tired of waiting." it was my father's voice.
I peaked my head around the corner. The room was fairly average a few crates and boxes here and there but in the middle of the room there was a huge rune circle with three figured inside it one of them was laying on an examining table.
We quickly dove into the room and behind a large crate.
"Who is the man he's with?" Natsu whispered.
I looked peaked at the man beside my father and shrugged "I have no idea."
"What about the one laying down on the table?"
I looked closer all I knew for certain was that it was a woman and she wasn't moving... At all. "I'm... Not sure."
"Will she be the same?" my father asked the man moving closer to the unmoving woman.
"Yes, Master Zeref."
"Will she have her memories?"
The man paused "I-I believe so."
Zeref whipped his head around to look at the man "Will she have all of them?"
"I-I'm sorry Master but I'm not certain."
Zeref cursed "I can't have her remembering... It would ruin everything."
"S-Sir there is a slight possibility that she won't remember that day. She might believe that it's just the next day for her."
"Is there a way to make sure that she doesn't?"
"Not that I'm aware of Sir."
Zeref cursed again and punched the table making the other man jump "Neither of them can ever know what happened."
"I understand, but it's a risk you will have to take if you want Her back. You do want Her back... Don't you Master Zeref?"
"Of course I do."
"Then we may as well get this over with."
They both stepped out of the circle and the mystery man began to chant making the runes start to glow an eerie red color.
"Lushee, what are they doing?"
I looked over at Happy his fur was standing on end and he looked terrified. "I'm not sure Happy, we're just going to have to wait and find out."
He nodded and burried his face into my lap covering his ears with his paws. I looked over at Sakora and Natsu who were both watching the circle intently with fear in their eyes. If things went down hill here I'd have to get them out of here quickly.
"Hey Luce... Something's happening."
I followed Natsu's gaze and my eyes widened, the woman on the table had started to move.
"Mistress... I think we should get out of here."
I nodded "You take the others and get out of here. I'll follow you when I find out what he's up to."
"Mistress I won't-"
"Go... I'll be fine Sakora, we'll be out of here before you know it."
She nodded "Alright, I believe in you."
I handed Happy over to her and they both fled the room and back up the stairs.
"That means you too Natsu."
"No, I'm not leaving you here alone."
I sighed "Yes you are, if my father finds us I won't be able to protect you and I will do as he says."
He was silent a moment. "Promise me you'll be alright."
I nodded "I promise. He would never hurt me, I'm his daughter."
"Alright then..." He leaned in close and pressed his forehead against mine. "Be safe Lucy."
I felt heat rising to my face and pushed him away "I'll be fine."
He chuckled "I know."
I turned back to face the circle my face still burning and heard him go back up the stairs.
The runes around the circle had begun to glow brighter. I couldn't see into it but I could still hear the man chanting on the other side, I just wish I knew what he was saying.
After a few more moments of chanting the runes dimed and the man looked up to the ceiling with his eyes closed, the room grew quiet and the runes stopped glowing.
"Is it done?" My father asked the man but he was silent "Answer me-"
There was movement from the table, the woman had sat up her back facing me and her long wavy blonde hair covered her body.
"W-where am I?"
My father ran to her and picked her up in his arms as if she weighed nothing at all and held her close.
"I can't believe it worked! It actually worked!... You're truly here."
I had never seen my father act this way before, he was like a completely different person.
"Zeref?" The woman's voice was soft, musical and familer.
"Yes?"
"Where are we? A-and where's Lucy? I-I thought-" She clutched her head and cried out in pain. Who is she? How does she know me? I've never met her before...
"What's wrong are you alright?" His voice was panicked.
"I-it hurts... My head... I keep seeing things... Zeref what happened?"
"W-well you see when they cam-"
"No!" The woman screamed and jumped away from him. "It was you!"
"I don-"
"Don't lie to me! I know it was you! I remember everything!"
"Please calm-"
"No! I will not calm down!" She ran a few steps away from him then turned facing my direction, I gasped in shock it's her. "You murdered me!"
My blood ran cold as her words sunk in. No this isn't possible... I stepped out from behind the create towards them.
My father spun around his eyes wide with disbelief and shock. "L-Lucy how long have you been here?"
I ignored him completely and just kept walking. She looks the same as she does in my very few memories I have of her.
"Lucy..."
Tears fell freely from my eyes as she called my name. I ran to her and embraced her burying my face in her neck as I did when I was a child.
"I missed you so much, mom."