Chapter: 21

Lucy's POV

I knew my face was as red as my eyes as both Gray and Erza barreled over to us.
"We've been looking for you two for awhile... You know you're not that far down from the camp." Gray started ranting on but I tuned him out. I looked over at Natsu to see his face tinted red as well.
"We should get going... A certain dragon is getting very impatient." Erza said looking in the direction of the camp.
I stood up and glared at the two before walking quickly towards camp. Was that what I think it was? Was I just about to kiss Natsu?
I glanced back at him. He was getting lectured by Erza about who knows what, but his dark eyes were plastered on me.
I felt my face turn red again as our eyes met. Was I falling for him? I shook my head to clear it.
"Lusshee!" I was tackled by the blue exceed.
"What is it Happy?"
"He's gonna eat us!" he pointed over to Acnologia who was laying down with both of eyes closed.
I laughed "Happy he's not gonna eat you, he's sleeping like a little baby."
One of his eyes opened and he glared at me which made me giggle some more.
"So, Lucy are you sure we can trust him?"
I glanced over to see Erza walking next to me. "Yes, he might act all big and scary but, he's a big softie on the inside." his other eye opened and he snorted blowing smoke out his nose.
"Alright... I trust your judgement Lucy."
I nodded "He's gonna help me train you guys... We only have a month left we need to make it count."
The red head nodded "I agree but Lucy..."
I looked at her "Yes?"
"What if things go bad?"
I smiled at her "They won't, trust me."
I walked over to Acnologia and he shifted to face me.
"You aren't going to tell them are you?"
I shook my head "They don't need to know, the More they focus on him the less they Will be worried about me."
He grumbled "Lucy, you know this spell could drain all of your magic and kill you-"
"I'm aware, but if it means saving the people I love then it's worth it." He sighed "Promise me you won't tell them Acno."
He studied me a moment "I promise."
I gave him a nod "Thank you, We should start their training right away."
He stood and lowered his head to be level with mine. "For your sake I hope they are as strong as you say they are, your lives depend on it."