Chapter: 9

Lucy's POV

I had heard Sakora tell them my past and I had relived every moment I could remember. Screams, the darkness, and finally sadness of losing her. I told myself every day that I would avenge her and I will no matter what I have to do or who I have to kill I will avenge her.
I could dimly sense where my father was and I started off leaving the cavern and the Fairy Tail members inside to figure out their next move.
"Lucy wait up!" surprised I spun around to see them chasing after me among them was Sakora flying ahead of the others with Natsu right on her tail. I stopped and waited for them all to catch up "Did you really think that we would let you do this by yourself?" Erza smiled "You're our family."
I felt my heart warm at her words but kept my face blank "Fine, but stay out of my way."
I turned around and started walking again "Luce do you even know where to go?"
I sighed "Yes Natsu, I do."
"Great then where to?"
I smirked, "To the other side of Fiore of course."
"Alright let's go then!"
I laughed "Natsu we have to catch the train the whole way."
He froze "Can't we walk?"
I shook my head "It's too far."
He slumped his shoulders "Fine."

We reached the nearest train station and Natsu had turned green already
"We don't even have our tickets yet flame brain." Grey teased him
"What did you call me ice queen?" Natsu tried to stand up and look intimidating but he failed.
I saw Wendy racing towards us "Alright I got all of our tickets! The train comes in-" She was cut off by the train's whistle as it rushed towards the station. We all got on as the train stopped and found our seats. Natsu was next to me while Wendy, Grey and Erza were squished together on the seat across from us. Erza had knocked Natsu unconscious so he wouldn't barf on everyone "Alright Lucy, Grey Wendy and I will get off at Magnolia and tell Master what is going on while you and Natsu trail your father and find out what you can."
I nodded "Alright."
I closed my eyes I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew we were at Magnolia station and Natsu was still unconscious.
"Alright Lucy, Good Luck!" Wendy smiled at me and waved goodbye as they left the train. I waved goodbye through the window as the train started to move again. Only a few more hours and I'll be able to find out what he knows. Natsu stirred in his sleep falling onto my lap. He looked so peaceful in his sleep like nothing in the world troubled him, I envied him. I glanced across to the other seats to see Happy and Sakora both curled up and sleeping soundly. I unconsciously started to run my fingers through Natsu's soft hair as I stared out the window humming to myself.
"Mistress?"
I looked over at Sakura who was staring at me intently "Yes?"
"What are we going to do if-"
"We'll figure it out when the time comes." I smiled at her "Go back to sleep, I have a feeling that you're gonna need it."
She nodded "alright, but you should as well."
"I will don't worry."
She curled up next to Happy and quickly fell back to sleep.
I wonder what the future holds for us.
I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.
"Lushee wake-up!"
I opened my eyes to see Happy hovering inches away from my face
"Ahhh!" I pushed him away "Don't do that Happy!"
"I'm s-sorry Lushee but we are almost there and we gotta wake up Natsu, or he'll be left behind!"
I smirked there's nothing wrong with that. I looked down at the still sleeping dragon slayer and sighed
"I'll deal with him."
He smiled "Aye Sir!"
I leaned over and whispered into Natsu's ear "Wake up it's time to get off the train." of course Natsu being himself turned green in his sleep and wrapped his arms around my waist
"5 more minutes Luce..."
Happy giggled across from us "They liiiiiiiiiike each other!"
I growled at him "Shut up cat!" I pushed Natsu off of me who landed on the floor wide awake and stormed off the train.
"Mistress wait!"
I turned and saw Sakura with Happy dragging a green Natsu off the train.
"Hurry up!" I hissed at them. "He's close."
They quickly caught up to me
"How close?" Natsu stretched
"I can't pinpoint it but, I do know that he's that way I answered pointing towards a forest.
"Alright then let's go!"
"Aye Sir!"