Chapter: 14

Lucy's POV

I woke to see the sun rising and everyone else still sleeping. I still felt drained from yesterday so I decided to take a walk along the beach. Perhaps I'll tell them today, maybe after this is all over they can help me with it.
As I made my way back I could hear them.
"Where did she go?" Natsu cried loudly.
"Don't ask me flame brain you're the one with super hearing why didn't you hear her get up?"
"what did you call me stripper?"
"You heard me flame brai-"
"enough!"
Well at least I know their awake I chuckled to myself as I walked into their view "Good morning everyone."
"Where did you go?" Natsu cried running towards me.
"Whoa, Natsu calm down." I side stepped his 'hug attack' making him go flying past me. "I woke up early and went for a walk... I want to tell everyone something."
"What is it Luce?" Natsu stepped up beside me
"Sit down and I'll tell you all."
They all sat down and I kneeled in front of them. "Now, what I'm about to tell you all is very disturbing... I hope none of you will think differently of me afterwards."
"We could never do that Lushee." Happy perched on Natsu's lap next to Sakora.
"We'll see... I know you've all been wondering how I can summon the dragons. Well, when I was very young barely old enough to stand on my own my father had a plan... A plan to make me into a weapon. He found a spell that could summon all of the dragons."
"Is that the spell you use?" Wendy asked quietly.
"Can you teach it to us?" Natsu added in.
I shook my head slowly "I'm sorry but I can't...it doesn't work that way. When my father summoned them... He killed them all... And put their souls and magical energy in me." I felt my eyes grow hot as tears threatened to spill over "I'm so sorry!" I spun around and raced to the beach.
"Lucy Wait!"
"Go away Natsu!"
He caught up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Luce... I had no idea, I'm sorry for what he did too you... I hate him for what he did to the dragons, but do you know what?"
I looked up at him and he cupped my face with his hands whipping away my tears with his thumb "I'm glad that it's you they're bound too, I know you'll treat them right."