Chapter: 20

Natsu's POV

I watched as Acnologia picked her up and flew away. I couldn't stop it and that made me furious.
"We'll get her back flame brain, don't you worry."
I punched the sand "by then it might be to late..."
"Natsu-"
"Just leave me alone Gray." I walked down the beach ignoring his calls.
I had to find Her, I have to keep my promise.
I had been walking down the beach for hours thinking about Lucy, The thought of losing her was scaring me more and more. There had to be a way to get her back. I stopped walking and looked up at the setting sun. I sat down on the sand and closed my eyes, picturing her beautiful smile and new to me red eyes, her laugh and her love for her family. She was perfect in every way, I had to tell her no matter what.
I must have fallen asleep, when I next opened my eyes the sun was behind me. I stood and stretched, I froze as I heard the bushes behind me rustle. I sniffed the air but got nothing. I turned around and faced the bushes setting my fist on fire "Who ever is there better get out here before I cook you."
"Natsu?"
My eyes widened and my flames went out "L-Lucy?"
She came out from the bush and she looked fine, unharmed.
"There you are! I've been looking for you all night! I've got som-"
I wrapped my arms around her waist and squeezed burying my face in her shoulder. "I thought I'd never see you again."
I felt her relax as she put her arms around me. "I'm sorry I worried you Natsu, he Just wanted to talk."
I reluctantly let her go stepping back "So, Um what happened?"
She told me everything and I felt more determined then ever. "We'll beat him Luce!"
She smiled at me, the smile that I love so much and nodded. "We should get back."
She was quite on our walk back which made me worry "Hey Luce?"
She kept Her head down "Yes?"
"Are you alright?"
She stopped walking and looked up at me, I was surprised to see her eyes filled with tears. "Natsu I-I'm scared, What If he hurts Her? Or worse?" she fell to her knees and buried her face in her hands crying.
I dropped down beside her and drapped my arm around her shoulders "It'll be okay, we'll find her."
She looked up from her hands Her eyes were even more red "H-how do you know?"
I wiped away her tears with my thumb and smiled "If she's anything like you are Lucy then she Will be fine."
She smiled a little and dropped her head onto my chest leaning on me. "I don't know what I'd do without you Natsu."
I wrapped my other arm around her and held her close. Her breathing evened out and she lifted her head, our faces we're inches apart. I wanted nothing more then to close the gap and feel her lips on mine.
"Natsu..." My name from her voice was like music. She leaned in a bit closer and-
"I found them!"
We jumped apart as Gray and Erza jumped from some nearby bushes.