Naruto Meets Jiraiya

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
\Thoughts\

Naruto talking in his mind.
'Kurama/Kyuubi'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With Kakashi)

The white haired man walked into the apartment. He had just come back from training Sakura. He had decided that once a week he would give private lessons to them. The rest of the week they had team training. That way he could give them personalized training and he wasn't always splitting his attention. Plus it gave Iruka a chance to review with them. Kakashi was pleased that the pink haired ninja had changed. She was more determined to train and less annoying. She too was wearing proper ninja clothes and not the bright colored clothing she had been wearing. He really hoped this change would stay.

Kakashi found Naruto taking a nap. The blonde was curled up in a ball. The scrolls filled with information on seals laid on his desk. The room wasn't as messy as that dump he had been in before.

'Those bastards on the civilian council will pay.' He thought.

With a sigh he woke the blonde fox up. He didn't want to but he knew Jiraiya would be there soon. Iruka would be pissed at him if Naruto hadn't eaten lunch and they knew he wouldn't eat during his meeting with Jiraiya.

"Naruto, time to wake up." He said.

Hm'kay." The blue eyed boy said sleepily.

"I'll be in the kitchen. Did you want anything in particular for lunch?" He asked.

"Chicken?" He looked up at the man pleadingly.

"Sure." He chuckled.

Kakashi left the room. Naruto dragged himself out of bed and went to the bathroom. He washed his face before going into the kitchen. He sat down at the table. Soon Kakashi put down a plate of food.

"Arigato." He said.

"You're welcome." He gave an eye smile.

Naruto began eating. Kakashi did the same. Eventually it was time for the meeting. Iruka and Ibiki had arrived and sat down next to the blonde. A knock at the door alerted them that the hokage and Jiraiya arrived. Kakashi answered the door.

"Evening." He greeted them.

"Evening Kakashi-kun." Hiruzen greeted him.

"Evening Kakashi-kun." Jiraiya greeted him next.

"Well come in." He said.

They did and he took them to the living room. The minute the sennin spotted his godson he just stared. He had seen pictures of Naruto but that was before his transformation. Before he looked like a carbon copy of Minato but now he could see Kushina in him. It was amazing. The fox features made the blonde look adorable. Hiruzen coughed to get his attention.

"What? Oh, sorry. It's just that I haven't seen you since you were a baby. I have received an occasional photo but now... wow. You look like your mom as well as your dad." He babbled.

"Really?" Naruto asked.

"Yes really." He said.

"Why did you abandon me?" He asked.

That made him wince. "I have a lot of enemies and so did your father. I didn't want to put you into danger like that. I planned on coming back after you graduated from the academy but I chickened out. I wasn't sure how you would react with me suddenly entering your life after that. I finally managed to get the courage to come here. I am so sorry."